X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Which Monkees to get?

With the new album out and fond memories of the show on Saturday mornings and after school, I've been considering a set of FTC Monkees figures.

The problem for me has been, which ones to get?

As much as I like all the variations, I don't have the budget or space for them all. Monkee Men were always favorites when they appeared on the show, but the red shirt "band uniform" look just screams "Monkees" to me.

Puttin' some thought to it, I think I've hit on a combo solution that covers the FTC variants in a nice set that would represent the show as I remember it:

Davy - Red tux version (since he was dressed up for the ladies and his red coat made him stand out from the rest of the guys when in a tux)

Peter - Red band shirt version (because FTC took the time to catch the detail of his belt being rotated so his buckle's over his hip)

Mike - Also red band shirt version (it just seems more Mike than the tux or Monkee Men costume)

Mickey -- Monkee Men costume ('cuz he was always the silly one on the show)

Any thoughts on that as an assortment? Suggestions?
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

I think that sounds like a great compromise!
    My OCD wouldn't allow it personally, so I'd probably opt for the red band outfits myself, but your reasoning seems sound.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

That was a great idea! Toycade had such a great deal on the whole lot (12 inch and all eight inch variants combined) that I ended up buying them all for an incredible deal and I love them. They are quality figures. You won't be sorry for your purchase. BTW I see them in concert here in Louisville June 10th. Can't wait!!

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I got the following:

The Monkees 8 Inch Action Figures Series One Tuxedo Outfit: Davy Jones
        The Monkees 8 Inch Action Figures Series One Red Band Outfit: Micky Dolenz
        The Monkees 8 Inch Action Figures Series One Red Band Outfit: Mike Nesmith
        The Monkees 8 Inch Action Figures Series One The Monkee Men Outfit: Peter Tork

So almost the same, just swapped Peter and Micky
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

I wonder why fewer sellers offer the 1:9 scale ones? I would like to go with the all red band version, but I definitely agree Davy in the tux makes sense to stand apart from the rest and Micky being weird.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I'm buying the red shirt versions only. LOVE the Monkees!
            sigpic

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

^^thats all i bought was red shirt "8"monkees ,i like the monkee men ,dont really care for the tuxedo Monkees .

Comment

• knight errant00
                8 Inch Action Figure
                • Nov 15, 2005

It occurs to me that if FTC wanted to do another set of variant Monkees figures, a set of the boys in pajamas would be fun and fit the series (maybe more than the tuxedo figures):

tumblr_inline_nhtg90BO2c1qeejws.jpg

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎