Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle's room (from a recent blog post of mine)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Kyle's room (from a recent blog post of mine)

Hi guys and gals,

So as some of you know, I have a doll blog. (no wait, don't run away! ) All my 18 inch dolls are "70s kids". This is just a temporary set-up, but here is my doll Kyle's room. Wallpaper is authentic 70s Justice League wallpaper. Superman poster is an authentic 70s mini poster. Spidey lamp made by me from a Belly Washer type lid and a cup. Bedding by my friend Flo. What do you think?

100_7867.jpg

100_7895.jpg

100_7868.jpg
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Nice, that's a sweet room!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Wowzers, that is super cool. Very well done. It really does look like a tiny retro room.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Looks great, Sharry. The pic with Kyle and his friend helps give a sense of scale, but otherwise, I would have totally believed it was an actual, retro decorated room in your place.

Comment

• windebieste
          Museum Patron
          • Dec 31, 2015

Oh, yeah. This is good. This is good. This is GOOD!

For a second there my mind struggled with the scale on the 2nd image and couldn't figure out where you'd get such good looking life sized dolls from. Such an awesome setup.

-Windebieste.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Wonderful, they even have their own tiny toy figures.

Ahh, the '70s--when Dc aggressively merchandised Shazam!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

That's really neat Sharry! And oddly enough, our son Andrew had that Superman bed set AND that vintage DC wallpaper on one wall of his room when he was younger! So it's kind of like a flashback for me!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Thanks for the kind words, you guys. That room was a lot of fun to do. Sadly I had to take it down, ('cos it was in my dining room), but I left it up for a week after I finished that post, just 'cos it looked so cute. One of my other boy dolls, Danny, has a more permanent set up w/ a backdrop that I can just put up and take down at will. If you'd like me to post that, lemme know. If you wanna check out my blog:

"Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                    One of my other boy dolls, Danny, has a more permanent set up w/ a backdrop that I can just put up and take down at will. If you'd like me to post that, lemme know.
                    That would be cool and I enjoyed your blog. You are never too old to play with your toys.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎