Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

It's nice, but the age old question to Superman Vehicles is......why? He does not need something like that. I always though it funny when, in the 70s, you'd see a Superman car/jet/helicopter..etc.....Now Lex Luther, well, that would be different.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

^^^
      The Supermobile, also known as the SMB,[citation needed] is the fictional vehicle for the comic book superhero Superman, and is capable of duplicating all of his abilities in situations where he finds himself powerless.

When waves of red solar radiation from a long-exploded star reached Earth, the android Amazo reactivated and escaped his captivity on the satellite headquarters of the Justice League of America, seeking out his creator, Professor Ivo in the hopes of being returned to his deactivated state.[2] With the rest of the Justice League imprisoned in another dimension by Amazo, though he makes sure they are able to watch him which they do, only Superman stands ready to defend Ivo, though he is left powerless by the red solar radiation, as he derives his power from Earth's yellow sun.

Luring Amazo to his Fortress of Solitude in the Arctic, after teleporting himself and Ivo there and hiding Ivo, Superman unleashes his new secret weapon on the android: a small vehicle he has dubbed the Supermobile, which is capable of duplicating all of his powers, including invulnerability, as it is constructed of Supermanium, a metal so strong that "only Superman's heat vision can soften the substance, and only his super-strength is mighty enough to mold it!"[3] He finally travels five days into the future, when the radiation has passed Earth, enabling him to regain his powers.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• DavidCoppola
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

So...someone in the 1970s is stoned and writing Supes stories...bet other interests were involved as well.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

No drug effects noticeable in the concept of an exo-suit (akin to Lex's Super Powers get-up) utilized when Supes is depowered by any number of Kryptonites or magic spells.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Nobody was stoned, it was a way of merchandising a vehicle for Superman and a clever one at that.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              Nobody was stoned, it was a way of merchandising a vehicle for Superman and a clever one at that.
              Indeed...viewed in the context of filling that particular void... to actually compete with Batmobile for a brief time as far as recognizibility (and desirability) for us as 70s kids... well... it's a homerun.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎