Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Snyder's biggest problem is he doesn't care about the batsuit's potential as a plot device, only its look.

Dude is dressed as a bat with giant bat ears. He's going to fight Superman. Wouldn't he want every possible advantage, like amplified hearing, so he knew when Supes was coming?

Super-hearing, Bat sonar, Lex Tech...it opens up so many possibilities to explain the inane story logic.

I mean, how is Lex not viewing the fight via drone? How does he not talk to Superman, ala Reeves/Hackman, which is then overheard by Batman and explains "Martha".

I think it all comes back to that scene -is it in the Ultimate edition? -where Superman hears all the cities problems and tries to block it out. That's a bad foundation to build on.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

This movie has it's flaws but it isn't as bad as the criticism suggests. The cuts are alittle choppy and Batman is very much the Frank Miller Dark Knight return version. I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse Eisenberg was intended to play the Riddler instead of Lex.

There is a a Danger Diabolik style reference The Batcave resembles Diabolik's hindout about an Hour in.

But if you are on the fence about seeing it I'd say give it a shot.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

As far as Batman knowing who Superman is, c'mon. He's the world's greatest detective, and Lois Lane had it figured out in MoS, too.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

if I am not mistaken, in the nineties when they did the first batman meets Superman for the modern era, Bruce had figured out who Superman was, so that is nothing new

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            As far as Batman knowing who Superman is, c'mon. He's the world's greatest detective, and Lois Lane had it figured out in MoS, too.
            But he apparently missed that mind blowing part about his mother's...name. (;

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
              But he apparently missed that mind blowing part about his mother's...name. (;
              Bazinga!

IMO DC & these films have made Batman more ridiculous than Batman'66 could ever have intended.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Bazinga!

IMO DC & these films have made Batman more ridiculous than Batman'66 could ever have intended.
                I wholeheartedly agree. I enjoy different iterations of the character and some psychological intrigue can be interesting...to a point. But at the end of the day, these are superheroes. We only care that Wayne's parents are killed because it adds flavor and justification to him wearing a costume that we all love to see in action (along with his show car). But if he just wore jeans and a t-shirt instead of that costume, we wouldn't care why he was so angry. Watching three hours of a bunch of angry "heroes" who really don't want to be heroes is not a good time. I like to walk out and feel like I saw a superhero movie and root for something...besides their bruised psyche. I don't think Snyder's Batman is any more "deep" than Schumacher's version. It's just easier to watch Schumachers version perform in his outfit (for more heroic reasons)than Snyders painful basket case that can flip his moods with the utterance of one magic word.
                Last edited by MIB41; Jul 31, '16, 7:54 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

Dc needs to stop cherry picking the best moments form their best stories, it's like a greatest hits cd, everyones favorite pieces included but lacking the cohesion and depth of a full album. I wanted to see Batman and Superman meet for the first time in tis movie, instead we see a little bit of Man of Steel, a little bit of The Dark Knight Returns, a little bit of Doomsday and The Death of Superman, stuff we've seen or read many time over. That's why the Wonder Woman scenes worked best for me, those scenes did not feel like a re-run.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

not sure if this will interest many on here but some one has recut mos and bvs into a 2 and a half hour movie ,not had chance to watch it myself but here's the details

“Man of Tomorrow” Fan Edit Joins “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman”
                      Movie News 0
                      Job Williams, a film editor who has made a name for himself re-cutting films to get to the heart of the story, has put together a two and a half hour movie using both “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”.

Williams explains, “Man of Tomorrow is a narrative experiment that combines Man of Steel and Batman v Superman into one film. The goal was to use material from both films to form a single, feature-length, 3-act structure that focuses on Superman. I decided to try to combine material from both films, focusing on their strengths and streamlining the narrative to the rise and fall of Superman.”

“Since I started with Man of Steel (2.2 hrs) and Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition (3 hrs), keeping the running-time down to 2.5 hours was no small task. A lot of plot wasn’t used (most of the Krypton sequence, the Smallville fight, the Africa subplot, the jar of pee…), but because the major threads that lead to the 3rd act of Batman v Superman came directly from the battle in Metropolis (the crashed Kryptonian ship, the Kryptonite from the world engine, Batman’s distrust of Superman’s power) I chose to hone in on those story points as the core of the narrative for Man of Tomorrow. Several scenes were reordered or reworked to fit the new narrative structure and better weave the material from the the two films together. For example: Batman/Bruce Wayne is introduced in the 1st act, Superman doesn’t put on his suit until Zod appears, Lex Luthor interacts with the Kryptonian ship earlier, the dour shots of Superman’s heroism from BvS are used much more optimistically, and the flashback to Pa Kent’s death is utilized very differently, just to name a few changes to the structure.”

You can watch the two and a half hour “Man of Tomorrow” below (for as long as it remains online)…

Job Williams, a film editor who has made a name for himself re-cutting films to get to the heart of the story, has put together a two and a half hour movie using both "Man of Steel" and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". Williams explains, "Man of Tomorrow is a narrative experiment that combines

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                        not sure if this will interest many on here but some one has recut mos and bvs into a 2 and a half hour movie ,not had chance to watch it myself but here's the details

“Man of Tomorrow” Fan Edit Joins “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman”
                        Movie News 0
                        Job Williams, a film editor who has made a name for himself re-cutting films to get to the heart of the story, has put together a two and a half hour movie using both “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”.

Williams explains, “Man of Tomorrow is a narrative experiment that combines Man of Steel and Batman v Superman into one film. The goal was to use material from both films to form a single, feature-length, 3-act structure that focuses on Superman. I decided to try to combine material from both films, focusing on their strengths and streamlining the narrative to the rise and fall of Superman.”

“Since I started with Man of Steel (2.2 hrs) and Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition (3 hrs), keeping the running-time down to 2.5 hours was no small task. A lot of plot wasn’t used (most of the Krypton sequence, the Smallville fight, the Africa subplot, the jar of pee…), but because the major threads that lead to the 3rd act of Batman v Superman came directly from the battle in Metropolis (the crashed Kryptonian ship, the Kryptonite from the world engine, Batman’s distrust of Superman’s power) I chose to hone in on those story points as the core of the narrative for Man of Tomorrow. Several scenes were reordered or reworked to fit the new narrative structure and better weave the material from the the two films together. For example: Batman/Bruce Wayne is introduced in the 1st act, Superman doesn’t put on his suit until Zod appears, Lex Luthor interacts with the Kryptonian ship earlier, the dour shots of Superman’s heroism from BvS are used much more optimistically, and the flashback to Pa Kent’s death is utilized very differently, just to name a few changes to the structure.”

You can watch the two and a half hour “Man of Tomorrow” below (for as long as it remains online)…

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/july...an-v-superman/
                        OK...It's NOT Perfect...and editing the source material into a new cohesive story showed how challenging that was...but...

I enjoyed it ALOT more then Batman v Superman...

Again...it's NOT Perfect...and scenes are 'forced' in some edits...but...it made for a better story overall...IMHO.

ALOT of scenes I had issues with were removed or cut in a way that didn't make them so bad against the story being told.

Not sure how much longer this will be up in the open, but if you have a means to watch it...

I'll refrain from any spoilers...for now...until other folks have seen it
                        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                          Made in the USA
                          • May 2, 2003

Man of Tomorrow Trailer

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I bought this and watched it sitting on the floor of my new place in three evening chunks during my move.

You know those restaurants that offer a free meal if you can finish their steak the size of toilet seat? Yeah, that's how I felt coming off of this. I enjoyed it but also felt overwhelmed.

Yes, it made more sense and for the life of me I can't figure why certain IMPORTANT scenes and plot points were cut for stuff like meaningless dream sequences but I digress. This made me like Cavill's Superman, it gave Batman more depth as well. It made more sense in general.

It's still not a great movie, the lead villain is still woefully miscast and the plot/character motivations unclear but if I had seen this version in the theater? I'd have liked it much better.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• WannabeMego
                              Made in the USA
                              • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                              I enjoyed it but also felt overwhelmed.

Yes, it made more sense and for the life of me I can't figure why certain IMPORTANT scenes and plot points were cut for stuff like meaningless dream sequences but I digress. This made me like Cavill's Superman, it gave Batman more depth as well. It made more sense in general.

It's still not a great movie, the lead villain is still woefully miscast and the plot/character motivations unclear but if I had seen this version in the theater? I'd have liked it much better.
                              I agree on all points.

Superman is front & center and more defined...and Batman isn't a crazed lunatic with erratic behavior issues...there is purpose.

A lot less assuming going on and less rehashing of their origins as well.

Again...Not Perfect by a Long Shot...but definitely better then the Original Releases...IMHO.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

I really wish you guys would stop making me consider buying this movie and re-watching it. I had told myself "Just ignore it." But after Suicide Squad didn't suck, and with good word of mouth from folks I trust...I'm tempted.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎