X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

the conjuring 2

has anyone heard anything about this yet,i didn't know that it had even been made and it's out on the 13th.i saw something about enfield on the poster so is it about the enfield poltergeist in the 70s.if so there was a made for tv one shown on sky last year.
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

My family and I enjoyed the first one so here's hoping the second one will be good too!

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

it was my favourite horror movie since amityville 2 .no effing and blinding and no gore just a good scary story.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Loved the first one until the possession.

After that it went from a subtle very scary movie into a typical modern horror film.

Part 2 looks like only the later.

Film makers never realize just hearing a clap in your basement is WAY more scary than all the devils and demons you can load in a film.
        Last edited by Mikey; Jun 2, '16, 5:04 AM.

Comment

• daz71
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2014

yes the possession spoiled it really.oh that sounds disappointing is it based on the enfield case.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I didn't know part 2 is also loosely based on a true story.

Well, that's good sign anyway.

The scene they keep showing on the TV trailer (with all the wall crosses turning upside down) seems a bit over the top.

Comment

• daz71
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2014

i think that was meant to have happened ,i bet the producers weren't very pleased that sky showed an adaptation late last year called the enfield poltergeist.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

Pre booked tickets for this a few days ago. Really enjoyed the first one (except for as already stated, the possession). The best modern horror film for me. Very creepy!

The second is based on the Enfield haunting that took place in 1977-79. Where a Poltergeist let loose on a family in, well Enfield in London. I actually took a bit of interest in this one a while back. I don't remember reading that Ed and Lorraine Warren were ever involved in it though. Hollywood again.

There's a couple of decent docs on you tube. Just search for the Enfield Poltergeist.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

I'm sure I'll eventually get around to seeing this, but I find if odd that they picked a story that's been pretty much debunked by most of the folks (excluding the Warrens) who investigated it. The pictures of the girl getting "thrown around" by a poltergeist, which you can view online, are pretty funny to look at actually.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• great_chandel
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2, 2015

Ed and Lorraine Warren came to my old Alma Mater years ago. It was hilarious when he had mentioned that he held a college degree in Demonology. It was funny in the sense of, good luck and listing that on your resume if the whole ghost "gig" did not work out..........

They had guts though. No way would I have stepped within 1000 feet of that home in Amityville.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

Saw this today. Very entertaining and I'd say pretty much on par with the first one in terms of production. Based on the Enfield haunting story and very much added to (which I suspected would be the case).

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I never heard of the Enfield haunting until this thread.

Since then I watched a few documentaries about it (the real story)

I have to say i'm not very impressed.

For all that went on the best evidence they could document was a few shots of a girl jumping on her bed and talking in a demon voice.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched Conjuring 2 (there's a boot of it on youtube)

Seems to suffer the same problems as the first movie ... It's really good up to the point the demon shows up ... After that, (like the first movie) a good scary creepy movie turns into a typical episode of Supernatural.

Comment

• gummi
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 2, 2009

I really enjoyed the movie, but it did get a little over the top in spots.
                            "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎