X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apjac Corny
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 12, 2016

White Hands?

I love the Zica Type S body and try to use them for all my customs but the one thing that is sorely lacking is white hands. Sure, I could use FTC hands but the ones that I gotten from CTVT seem to be inferior to the ones that they are using in production on figures like the Joker. They must be selling off the leftovers from the old style made in India bodies. They have heavy parting lines running right across the tops of the fingers.

It would be great if the 8 inch superstore carried them, I don't need any other color. In fact, the flesh colored hands take dye really well but you can't dye them white or a brilliant yellow.
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Doc Mego's got 'em, no? And I thought the stubs for the CTVT hands were too small for Zica wrists?

Comment

• Apjac Corny
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by MysteryWho
      Doc Mego's got 'em, no? And I thought the stubs for the CTVT hands were too small for Zica wrists?
      Doc Mego does have them but they are pretty pricey at 8 bucks a pair. It's actually cheaper to buy the whole white body, which is what I did.

CTVT hands will work with Zica bodies. I just heat up the end of the pin with a lighter and mush it down against my workbench. This will widen it up so it will have a nice snug fit in the Zica arm.

Comment

• gummi
        Career Member
        • Dec 2, 2009

Thanks for that tip. I was wrapping mine in plumbers tape, but this will be a better permanent fix.
        "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Apjac Corny
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by gummi
          Thanks for that tip. I was wrapping mine in plumbers tape, but this will be a better permanent fix.
          Yep, it only takes a little bit of heat. You just want to mushroom the pin slightly.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎