X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Majere
    Banned
    • Apr 17, 2016

My Superhero Project

So, I picked these bad boys up yesterday on Ebay for $35.00 (plus $6.50 in shipping.)

I think it's a pretty good deal. It was a fortuitous deal to me, for many reasons, which I won't waste your time with. Once I get these, I plan to restore them to glory using FTC outfits and Doc Mego/Zica bodies. I'll post pictures here throughout the process, and would love feedback as I go.

For the Joker, I was thinking about a Doc Mego type 2 body in white. Anyone tried this particular body, and have any opinions on it?

For the Penguin and Mister Mxyzptlk, I was considering FTC's fat man bodies. I hate to go the FTC route, as I loathe their bodies, but I haven't seen any other sites carrying this particular body. Any other suggestions?

For Robin, I'm not sure. Where can I get a good "teen size body?"

For the other heroes, I'm debating between Doc Mego's Swivel arm buff body, or Zica's s-type bodies. Does anyone have experience with the swivel arm buff bodies? Will they fit FTC outfits? The Zicas I know will have trouble fitting some.

(P.S. If anyone has an authentic Mego Shazam head they're looking to sell/donate, please let me know. It's the only head not in this lot that I was (am) hoping to acquire.)
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

doc mego's white bodies are good.the buff body swivel arm bodies are ok too but some suits are a bit short in the arms when put on this body.robin's head might look a bit big on a teen body as he was made for an 8" figure.if i'm doing a smaller character i usually use a lion rock body.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

It's a shame you're going to use the Joker head. That's a Fist Fighter Joker head and is harder to come by than the regular Type 1 or Type 2 Joker heads. Fist Fighter heads are made for the Fist Fighter bodies...that's why when anyone is ever looking to buy a Fist Fighter I always tell them to shake the body and if the head wobbles back and forth it usually means that it's a normal head cut down to fit the Fist Fighter Body. Just a thought.

Good Luck with the rest of the project.

Comment

• Majere
        Banned
        • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        It's a shame you're going to use the Joker head. That's a Fist Fighter Joker head and is harder to come by than the regular Type 1 or Type 2 Joker heads. Fist Fighter heads are made for the Fist Fighter bodies...that's why when anyone is ever looking to buy a Fist Fighter I always tell them to shake the body and if the head wobbles back and forth it usually means that it's a normal head cut down to fit the Fist Fighter Body. Just a thought.

Good Luck with the rest of the project.
        Thanks for the response, buddy. FTC has fist fighter bodies for sale, so I might pick that up for the Joker instead. Would I need to make any modifcations to his costume if I did put the head on a fist fighter body?

Comment

• Apjac Corny
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by Majere
          Thanks for the response, buddy. FTC has fist fighter bodies for sale, so I might pick that up for the Joker instead. Would I need to make any modifcations to his costume if I did put the head on a fist fighter body?
          You can buy a loose, bagged Fist Fighter Joker at CTVT for 20 bucks. You'll get the costume and body with white hands that you need.
          http://www.classictvtoys.com/superpo...actorybag.aspx

Comment

• Majere
            Banned
            • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Apjac Corny
            You can buy a loose, bagged Fist Fighter Joker at CTVT for 20 bucks. You'll get the costume and body with white hands that you need.
            http://www.classictvtoys.com/superpo...actorybag.aspx
            It'll work out cheaper that way too. Thanks, buddy.

Now I've heard CTV makes a little smaller bodies than Mego did. Do you think I'll have a problem getting the Mego style head to fit?

Comment

• Apjac Corny
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 12, 2016

Now I've heard CTV makes a little smaller bodies than Mego did. Do you think I'll have a problem getting the Mego style head to fit?
              Nope, you'll be fine. You might have to open up the neck hole on the torso a bit but that's about it.

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

It'll work out cheaper that way too. Thanks, buddy.

just dip the neck plug in boiling water for 2 minutes and ease it in with a butter knife.

Comment

• Majere
                  Banned
                  • Apr 17, 2016

Will do, guys. Thanks for the advice. You guys are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎