X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

That sucks, JeffBearCo.

I am very slowly getting through my massive shipment of FTC. I have only opened three and that was The Flash, Green Lantern and Batman (Series 4). The first two were great; even better on the Type S body. We all know how I feel about Batman.

The rest in package have looked decent, outside of Draco's huge head, but we know how a figure from ANY company can go from great in-package to crap out of it.

Other questionable ones include Martian Manhunter (head sculpt looks like it is ready for use on Robot Chicken), Black Vulcan (paint apps on the face are a bit sloppy), and Bride Barbara Gordon (face is a little dirty with black soot-like substance, head piece looks like it was snagged at some point).

The Batman '66 stuff looks great, even Batgirl. The Wonder Twins really impressed me.

While I have little to no hope that the female bodies will be any good (Bride Barbara was hunched over on the card), I hope the rest are good enough with out necessary tweaks. I will have to look over my Aquaman a little more closely tonight. But the entire Super Friends Series 2 was only okay for me. The least impressive from all my sets i received in that shipment.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 21, 2009

I generally like the new Batman, although one thing they could have done to really distinguish it from the original Batman is to use a darker, deeper blue on this figure's costume and cowl.

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I got the second costume for SF Aquaman today. After putting that on him, it is clear the first costume was misprinted with the shirt detailing on crooked. Anyway, it is fixed now. He looks the way he does in the pictures.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          I got the second costume for SF Aquaman today. After putting that on him, it is clear the first costume was misprinted with the shirt detailing on crooked. Anyway, it is fixed now. He looks the way he does in the pictures.

JeffBearCO
          That's good. A bad costume can really ruin a figure. That's how my JLA Superman was; everything was lopsided, from the belt up. I didn't like the belt and way and ended up replacing the costume with the Mattel costume. Now the JLA Supersuit sits in a box of parts, surplus and stuff I don't know what to do with now.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

It just seems that someone in shipping if not before should look at the figures as a last minute QC and notice, "Hey, this Aquaman has a droopy boob. Maybe we should put that one in a pile to part out later. Mr X in BF Colorado might appreciate getting a better figure." Or, "Maybe this figure with 2 left hands. If I don't want to fix it, maybe I should put a right hand in the box just to save the customer from having to contact us to get this fixed later."

Just my 2 cents.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

So, I was going to pass on this guy after seeing some of the reviews but when I crunched the numbers, buying the full set was only around $8 or so more than buying Rhas, Scarecrow and Gordon individually so I thought, what the heck. This is what I got. Yay.

P1050591.jpg

P1050588.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

So, is there a hand in there somewhere?

You know, the cropped costumes to accommodate gloves and boots didn't look good in '75-'77 with Mego originals, and they don't look good now.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

for a retail price of 29.95 we really should get better than that, and not have to settle for what they are selling just because "we are lucky to get these figures at all".
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

The hand is in there but what a hot mess!

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    So, is there a hand in there somewhere?

You know, the cropped costumes to accommodate gloves and boots didn't look good in '75-'77 with Mego originals, and they don't look good now.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      for a retail price of 29.95 we really should get better than that, and not have to settle for what they are selling just because "we are lucky to get these figures at all".

Completely agree, for the price they sell for the factory folks should make a better effort.
                      When FTC receives the merchandise, they should inspect for better quality packaging.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

When it comes to this Batman, we were very unlucky to get it at all :(

If you bought the set, like lilbrosj66 said, it wasn't a huge loss in price adjustment compared to buying the other three figures in the set individually. And even then, it might not be worth it.

But buying this figure by itself? I feel bad for those people.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

I just finished taking him out of his package and doing a lot of "clean-up".
                          Re-attached his left hand. Twice.
                          Tucked his tights into his boots.
                          Tucked his sleeves into his gloves.
                          Poked the wire back in to his cape where it had poked through.
                          Pulled his right shoulder out of the socket where it had popped in, leaving his left leg all loose and wobbly.
                          Lowered his belt.
                          He's still not worth the money I paid.

His head is loose and looks wonkey in proportion to his body. His chest emblem is too small. His satin shorts are all stretched out on one side. This guy is nothing more than custom fodder at this point.

This could have been, and should have been, one of the best figures you put forth. It should have been one people were praising in both craftsmanship and artistry. It isn't close.

I would say shame on you, FTC, but I and many people have said that before and it seems to fall on deaf ears so I won't waste my breath at this time.
                          Last edited by lilbrosj66; Jul 10, '16, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ That just really stinks, Batman of all figures should be perfect. The flagship DC character and he's treated like a 3rd tier line filler. Scarecrow and Ra's are near perfect, not sure what happens at FTC to let stuff like this thru to retail.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

^^^ That just really stinks, Batman of all figures should be perfect. The flagship DC character and he's treated like a 3rd tier line filler. Scarecrow and Ra's are near perfect, not sure what happens at FTC to let stuff like this thru to retail.
                              Couldn't agree more. The detail and overall quality of the other's in this line prove that FTC can put out a great figure. There really is ZERO excuse for this figure turning out the way it did.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                                I ordered the Batman in Black figure. The tights were too short and pulled everything down unevenly, just like the Aquaman figure above. I had to cut the toe off both legs to get the fit right. He had boots at least so they don't show. Plus when I tried to adjust it, it was strung so tight I ended up having both arms pop off at the shoulder. Had to fix that with pliers.

Wonder Woman was a plus except I had to sacrifice a Cheetah to give her a decent body. Both legs were glued so they would not bend at the knee or move in the hip sockets. That was expected at this point.

Aquaman looked good from all pictures but because of the tights, he looked awful. The head sculpt is good enough that I'm willing to work to fix him. Still very annoying though. The character doesn't have boots to cover the obvious issues like Batman did. So he will just end up with seams.
                                JeffBearCO
                                I ordered the RC Batman in the black outfit and had the same issue with the ill-fitting shorts pulling at the seams, even in a standing position. Your toe-snip idea was brilliant because it completely fixed it. i never thought of going that route but it worked out great. Thank you!!! Disappointed to hear about Aquaman having that same issue since he was my favorite character in that new wave. And yes, it's kind of hard to make corrections on that without it being obvious. Did your replacement Aquaman outfit have similar issues with the shorts being tight? I know you said the chest pattern was correct, but I didn't know if that also fixed the fit in the mid-section as well. With that said, I am also wondering if maybe those issues with the silk short variants (like on the Black Batman) made FTC go with the open ended leggings to avoid that very issue.
                                Last edited by MIB41; Jul 14, '16, 4:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎