Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Has anyone put it on a type s? The body is a little bigger, maybe it would help with the baggy suit and larger head?
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I still think the best would be if they remade that cape and head in the darker blue from the 66 Batman, used the 66 costume with an updated symbol, and then still have the buyer replace the body with an S type for the bigger shoulders since I sincerely doubt we will get a more in-scale head.

I'd still like to see them do the whole thing in black and grey.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

That DOES look much better!

I think the larger symbol ties in better with the head size as well as the black of the shorts now. The last detail I might consider, if it were mine, would be to add the black 'shading' on the mask to further accentuate the black and negate the brightness of all that light blue.

Comment

• PeterRR
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jun 2, 2008

I really think it's time FTC upgrades these figures. I looked at my local comic book store and seen they reissued a lot of first series figures. Batman, superman , joker , supergirl and others. The only thing that changed was the price. $37 a pop. Some Of their other lines are $44 a figure. No new bodies oversized head loose fitting uniforms. Price goes up quality goes down. I was so excited when they announced a 1966 batgirl but when I got it I was disappointed. I bought a couple on Zica Yvonne bodies hoping to do a swap. But it can't be done. Zica bodies are true 8" scale bodies. I glad mezco is doing well detailed figures. Because with FTC raising price and some figure look so bad they are laughable. I really hope mezco does a 1966 Batman line. I would be head over heels if I heard that news. Imagine a Batmobile. Wow.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Looks great for a homespun relatively quick fix, but if FTC tries again, I hope it's tweaked even more! That new FTC Batgirl gave me a fresh batch of hope for such a similarly caped/cowled/etc figure.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

I'm wondering how this Head would look on Tom's Kitbash, using Paul's pez adapters...
              Batman_PEZ_Dispenser-blue.jpg
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Well, I just received the 4 figure Batman set as of yesterday. I probably don't have anything new to offer comment-wise. I even bought 2 Superman series 2 figures: Jimmy Olsen and Perry White.

Everything already written about this Batman, from better retro cloth experts than me, is true, the odd blue color, the tailoring shortcut, maybe the big head size, etc. None of it was a deal breaker for me, but after examining the figures hands-on I definitely think the major shortcomings for the entire run are from sub par painting. If you own any Batman 66 made by FTC you're probably amazed at the quality from the sculpt, tailoring, all the way through to the paint app. Obviously these 1:9 figures aren't on the scale of or don't match the quality of a 1:6 Hot Toys, but they are pretty darn good considering the reduced scale and what not. I've always appreciated how the nostrils got painted black or the way the eyes often get fleshed out.

None of those extra details or TLC happened with this line, really. Same with the aforementioned Superman figures. Escpedially with Perry White. He's as plain as can be. Bearn minimum work. At least Olsen has painted freckles. I don't know if doing any minor custom paint work will save Batman because as countless others pointed out, the blue color is way off from the blue usually seen with Neal Adams work. Major custom work can save him. Maybe. I'm surprised I didn't see a lot more of black shadow paint detailing from members on the board, I suppose most just opted to use another head sculpt or settle for one of the many other Batman retro cloth figures already in their possession.

I noticed Batman's footing is different from other types of FTC figures. That is, the ankles have a post that snap-connects to the boot, which makes for weird leg poses if turned in or out. I think had they used those kind of legs on the Scarecrow instead it'd make a creepy effect and reflect the blister art.
                Otherwise, the Scarecrow is okay, nothing to complain about, I was surprised his hat didn't fit snugly though. The costume is great. I think with the way the sculpt turned out it's pretty hard to mess up.
                Jim Gordon, I think, is the best in the bunch. Too bad there wasn't an accessory gun or badge.
                Ra's Al Ghul is a mixed bag. I remember another member commenting about the lack of painted eyebrows and I have to agree that's a feature that shouldn't have been overlooked. The sculpt itself was fine, just bland painting, no hair highlights or anything to pop or enhance the face. It's another example of the undeniable evidence that this run did not have the painted treatment as Batman 66. Also, the exaggerated collar was something that should have been tailored. My 2 cents.
                Last edited by jacoblb; Dec 6, '16, 1:59 AM. Reason: typos, grammar.

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

please delete. double post.
                  Last edited by jacoblb; Dec 4, '16, 6:48 PM. Reason: double post.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 6, 2007

I agree, and the price should not be going up so much as well.

Comment

• DC_Guy
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Sep 18, 2008

Originally posted by jacoblb
                      Ra's Al Ghul is a mixed bag. I remember another member commenting about the lack of painted eyebrows and I have to agree that's a feature that shouldn't have been overlooked.
                      Small note of correction here about the eyebrows: Neal Adams designed Ra's Al Ghul as having no eyebrows, and he's constantly irritated when other artists get that detail wrong. So technically, if the Ra's figure is without eyebrows, it's correct.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I'm disappointed that they haven't released a Batman in Black version of this figure for Christmas. It would be great in a pack with Nightwing and a black version of the Bat Signal!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎