X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Batman (from Batman Series 4)

I wish I some real positives things to say about this figure. I wish I liked this figure. But... wow. And he looked much worse in the package; it looked like he was wear blue bloomers. So what you see here is after I made adjustments.

The head is about the same size as The Flash. Its' size doesn't bother me at all. They used the 1966 style gloves and boots. After seeing how well the molded rubber gloves worked on The Flash, I wish that was the standard style. But at least the short sleeves are not noticeable. Not like the short pants (see his right leg). The suit overall is just ill fitting. Maybe it will work better on the larger Type S body. But I never likes the shiny parts of the costume, so that doesn't help that for me. If the JLA Batman's suit color matches the new head sculpt and cape, I may just steal that costume.

The belt is made of a nicer rubbery material which makes it easier to stretch and fit even over Batman's puffy blue underwear.

Initial impressions... disappointed.

FTC Batman Series 4 1.jpg
    FTC Batman Series 4 2.jpg
    Last edited by TRDouble; May 30, '16, 11:36 AM.
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

I am happy to see such great pics if the figure. Thanks so much for posting. He still makes me happy to see him!!!!!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Just shameful that they released it with such poor fitting clothing. They should be improving the costumes, not making them fit worse.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

Head too big, emblem too small, cape and shorts too shiny.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, comicmike. I hadn't seen any pictures yet, so I wanted to post a few.

For a better perspective, I present The Brave & The Bold: Batman & The Flash!

Batman & The Flash.jpg

Remember, The Flash is on a Type S body. The stock FTC body that The Batman is one is actually pretty well put together though. If they were all of this quality, I probably wouldn't switch bodies much, if at all.

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

I still havent bought a wave of any figure from ftc, apart from batman 66, because of this , bad fitting suits, it just ruins the figure making it look cheap

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I'll buy them both...but there will be some customizing done to them...especially Batman.

Originally posted by TRDouble
              Thanks, comicmike. I hadn't seen any pictures yet, so I wanted to post a few.

For a better perspective, I present The Brave & The Bold: Batman & The Flash!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18438[/ATTACH]

Remember, The Flash is on a Type S body. The stock FTC body that The Batman is one is actually pretty well put together though. If they were all of this quality, I probably wouldn't switch bodies much, if at all.
              sigpic

Comment

• TomStrong
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2011

Thanks for the pics, Flash really looks good I think. Wonder if The Batman would benefit from a Type S body upgrade? Might make the head look less too large? I like the sculpt pretty well though.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by TomStrong
                  Thanks for the pics, Flash really looks good I think. Wonder if The Batman would benefit from a Type S body upgrade? Might make the head look less too large? I like the sculpt pretty well though.
                  I think a body upgrade to the Type S might help the overall presentation of Batman. I was hoping to do a swap tonight, but I am not sure I will have time. The plug must be bigger on Batman's head too -- or the Fist Fighter body has a wider neck hole? -- because the head is not loose on the body.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    The head is about the same size as The Flash. Its' size doesn't bother me at all.
                    Furthermore, as others have said, the sculpt ain't bad either. I think the head was meant to have a painted shadow on the cowl... It would make its forehead look smaller creating the "illusion" of a smaller head. I'm sure one of the many talented customizers herein will do it and we will all be pleased... Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks for the pics and review. Yeah, there's just something off about that figure. I really think he needs that forehead shadow on the mask so you can illustrate details better. And yeah, I can see where the shorts have an odd fit to them. As with others, I do think he looks like an ideal example for a few custom upgrades to get him in a better place.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

The head looks better than I originally thought. I'm not a fan of the shaded look on a Bronze/Modern Batman--ideally, I'd like to see this head in a darker blue. If that was done, I'd use the darker Mattel cape and tweak the figure overall.

The suit is disappointing. I hate this cheap look FTC is doing with these TT-length sleeves and leggings. Particularly with the boots. The boot legs aren't poseable anyway, I'd rather see proper tights and removable boots/gloves. To me, that is more Mego.

Ultimately, I think I'd bash this figure with the JLA one, as was suggested.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nubee
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 15, 2010

The 'larger/ill-fitting' suit doesn't bother me, since I was going to replace the body with the Type S, but what is Y the BIG head syndrome still happening? The Batman 66 line seems so much better. I'll stick with those Batman(s) for now. Thanks for the pics and review.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the terrific pics! The oversized head is probably a deal breaker for me, but the sculpt is nice and really captures the Garcia-Lopez style guide of the era.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

Thanks for the pics. This will be a very easy pass for me. Not impressed with the fabric choices, the fit of the costume, the head sculpt or the overall result. And I'm over those Batman 66 "pop-on" gloved hands and boots.

The Flash you show looks GREAT and that type of glove/boot combo work so much better for me! He is a must have. Batman? No thanks.
                              Last edited by lilbrosj66; May 30, '16, 7:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎