Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

I remember as a kid being bored waiting for a monster to show up. But when it did, it was pretty scary. I like it better today. There is just a good foreboding vibe that pays off for me.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Hedji
      Like Dwayne, I saw it at the same age, and it ruptured my 7 year old brain. I mean, this thing messed me up for real. I could not sleep for months after. Months. I had to sleep with my back to the window because of the Glick boys scenes.
      I watched it when I was 9 and it marked me the same way (would never thought it was a tv movie). The Master/ Kurt Barlow shocked me as well and the scene in the cellar when the undead are starting to rise. The window thing

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I love Salem's lot, and yes it's slow in some parts, but rushing any of it would have altered the mood. All of the scenes mentioned and my favorites too, Danny Glick at the window.... major creep factor.

I always loved the "Teacher" scene too!

Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, I never saw that scene on my first viewing. I only heard it, because I was hiding under a blanket in terror.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
            Career Member
            • Apr 30, 2015

Have you chaps over there had this released in blu-ray yet? There's constant date and price changes for it this end (importing from the US).

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
              Have you chaps over there had this released in blu-ray yet? There's constant date and price changes for it this end (importing from the US).
              It looks like it was released in Canada. I would imagine you could switch from French to English on this version. If you belong to Amazon, you should be able to order this from Canada? I have ordered boxsets from Amazon UK without any issues.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

Watched it last night! Loved it and thought I would need to split up the viewing but did the whole 3 hours. LOVED Barlow, and the prison scene mad me jump out of my skin which was great! Best horror vampire, ever? Two things I would change, Mears' (Soul) jeep door that wouldnt stay closed throughout the whole movie, and the vampire death in the morgue. Although, I really liked the supernatural surrounding the vampires like the mist, the wind, changes in the sky, hypnotic affect, the extreme cold.
                I misremember the cellar-space, scene. For some reason I thought they were locked in with the waking undead, and Barlow' coffin was not in there, but still very creepy.
                Neat to see the different inspiration the Fright Night movie picked up from this. I would have loved to have that kid' room when I was growing up but I wouldnt be able to sleep with all that horror looking at me!
                Couple of other Tobe Hooper gems are The Funhouse (1981), and the horror classic, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  It looks like it was released in Canada. I would imagine you could switch from French to English on this version. If you belong to Amazon, you should be able to order this from Canada? I have ordered boxsets from Amazon UK without any issues.
                  https://www.amazon.ca/Salems-Lot-BIL...7s+lot+blu-ray
                  Thank you!
                  There's a US based seller on Amazon UK called All Your Music that has blu-rays at a great price and shipping from the US to UK costs just £1.26 and no customs fees. I was just wondering if you guys had it released over there yet so I had an idea when it would be available to order. If my usual route is a fail I'll take up your suggestion.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Thank you!
                    There's a US based seller on Amazon UK called All Your Music that has blu-rays at a great price and shipping from the US to UK costs just £1.26 and no customs fees. I was just wondering if you guys had it released over there yet so I had an idea when it would be available to order. If my usual route is a fail I'll take up your suggestion.

Thanks again!
                    Excellent news! Happy to help!!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎