X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Majere
    Banned
    • Apr 17, 2016

Doc Mego bodies...

How would you rate the quality in comparison to FTC's?

Also, do Doc Mego bodies unscrew in the chest area to allow for easy head swaps? Appreciate the feedback.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Majere
    How would you rate the quality in comparison to FTC's?

Also, do Doc Mego bodies unscrew in the chest area to allow for easy head swaps? Appreciate the feedback.
    The screw torso bodies have swivel arms that add bulk and affect the fit of clothing. The newer FTC bodies are slightly smaller than original Mego. They both have their quirks. The screw torso is great for putting on a resin head, but if your clothes end up too tight it's kinda moot.

Comment

• Majere
      Banned
      • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      The screw torso bodies have swivel arms that add bulk and affect the fit of clothing. The newer FTC bodies are slightly smaller than original Mego. They both have their quirks. The screw torso is great for putting on a resin head, but if your clothes end up too tight it's kinda moot.
      Gotcha. Thanks, buddy.

I've got two Zica Type-S bodies on the way. We'll see how it goes trying to put an FTC Superman head and costume on it.

I guess it sounds whiny, but I just don't know, if we're paying between $25 and $30 per figure, why FTC just doesn't do a better job on their bodies. Every figure I've ever ordered from them has been off in some way. If it isn't busted limbs straight out of the box, it's their factory rubber bands being too tight and putting the figures in an unnatural pose.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Ranked
        1 Type S
        2 Doc Mego

3 FTC
        and No I didnt accidentally keep my finger on the tab button lol

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Hahaha!

Hell, I'd put NECA and Bryer bods way ahead of FTC!

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

In my case, I haven't had issues with either DM male bodies, regular, swivel arm, or Hulk size.

Regarding FTC bodies since their brand scooped Mego reissues and Batman 1966, I haven't had any problems. Might be a Chinese vs. India factory issue. Glad to say I never got onboard with FTC/CTVT when their stuff was made at India.

Female body wise, I've one separated hip that needs to be glued of Kate from Lost whereas no other female bodies broke. That's my DM example.
            FTC wise, I have all the released reMego DC girls and the Batman 1966 ladies. Only 1 example there with a bum knee. Statistically not bad, but of course there are fewer female examples compared to the offering of male figures produced.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎