X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Big Jim Sky Commander Question

Something I saw, but passed on today was a Big Jim Sky Commander. It looked like the sides of the box were missing (is that how it came?),The vendor wasn't there to haggle with, I didn't open to see what it looked like inside. The asking price was $50 and I didn't wat to gamble on whether it was worth it or not. I'm sure I could go back next weekend and pick it up. So is that price way out there? what should I be looking for on the inside? any help will be welcomed gratiously.
  • Sweep Secondhand
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 18, 2007

The Big Jim Sky Commander playset was a reissue of the Barbie Freedom Jet so, like a lot of the Big Jim converted Barbie stuff, the scale was off. It came in a cardboard sleeve, not a box, so what you saw was probably correct. The plane did not have a lot of accessories. It had a rescue basket, winch, radio, cockpit platform, captains chair and throttle. I think that was it. It isn't a great piece but $50 for one in good condition in the sleeve is not bad.

The picture at the link below is small but it may help you:

http://www.crazedfanboy.com/npcr07/retropcr384.html
    - Sweep

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

Thanks for he info. maybe if I talk to the actual vendor I can get him to knock the price down a bit

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎