X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Majere
    Is there a tutorial around here about how to replace the o-rings, or should I youtube it?
    I don't know, but I need to find out what size O-rings they are.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I noticed the smaller neck plug too. Just boil it, stick a tapered pen or marker in to stretch it while it's hot, and clunk it in the freezer to cool. It'll hold its shape if you take the stretcher out, but don't reheat it or it will lose a lot or all of the stretch. I may start using a dowel and just leaving it in if I can find the right size.

I also had to do this on the retro Deadpool head BTW. It wobbled in the body I switched over to. Not as pronounced as FTC, but noticeable.

I have had good and bad luck with all the bodies including Type S. I just expect it to be a possible part of any project - broken pin, cracked pelvis, bad bands, etc.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

From Facebook:

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Hard to tell without a side-by-side with a regular Mego head, but even alone it looks a little smaller. Probably why it popped out in shipping.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

EMCE Hammer:
            What is a shop keeper supposed to do with that? Do they send it back? Or in their spare time, open each one and try to stage it better in the packaging?

To be sure, it will never sell at full price like that!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              I don't know, but I need to find out what size O-rings they are.
              For the old non China bodies use #12 o-rings. The new China bodies are smaller and I haven't found what size works in them, #11 are still too big. Also the hardware in the new China bodies is not as playable as the old bodies, can't really bend the new metal.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                EMCE Hammer:
                What is a shop keeper supposed to do with that? Do they send it back? Or in their spare time, open each one and try to stage it better in the packaging?

JeffBearCO
                Rare variant? ;-) That's the first one I have heard of like that, I doubt it's an epidemic. If it's defective and really won't hold together I'm sure FTC would refund/replace. I was just trying to show the new neck plug design in a quick fashion without having to disassemble one of my own.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  EMCE Hammer:

JeffBearCO
                  I'm not saying they should have to do this - but if its a small shop and they have time - Just crack it open, pop the pieces back in and reseal it.
                  I get it that they should not have to do that - but it beats the hassle of sending back and forth. Now if they go to put the head back on but the neck plug will clearly just make the head fall off/out again - that is a different story. I guess its all a matter of how each person wants to handle it.
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mego Magyar
                    For the old non China bodies use #12 o-rings. The new China bodies are smaller and I haven't found what size works in them, #11 are still too big. Also the hardware in the new China bodies is not as playable as the old bodies, can't really bend the new metal.
                    Yeah, that's the number!! I use them on Doc Mego's too tight bodies, too.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Yeah, that's the number!! I use them on Doc Mego's too tight bodies, too.
                      It's really that simple? I am handy with the elastic cord but O rings would be so much faster.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

they work great for me, a knitting needle makes the job a lot easier, too.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Majere
                          I've heard the type-s bodies are a little bigger than the standard Mego-sized body. Do you have trouble fitting Mego costumes onto the type-s bodies?
                          They are a touch bigger in certain areas and other times seems to be fine. I haven't been able to not fit anyone into anything yet, but my collection may not be as expansive as others. Any figure I plan to pose or move, I swap to Type-S. I have no complaints. If anything, on a tighter outfit that has socked feet, I've cut out the tip of the sock to allow for a bit more wiggle room. But the ability to remove hands, feet and such, allows me to pretty much get any outfit on a body.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

The newer suits are probably the tightest things to make fit. The sleeves on the shirts and jackets can get tight. I have not been able to get a shirt, jacket, and trench coat on a figure at the same time.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎