Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Singer's gotten alot better shooting women.

But he was not good for Famke, and any guy that can make Halle Berry look...well...more like a young man...

That is a strange aspect of the X films. Jim Lee made the women over-the-top modelesque hot which cemented in the 90's. And Singer really stripped that out with his casting. Olivia Munn may be the closest he had gotten.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by kept back
      Does a woman pretty enough to be Jean Gray actually exist?
      Back in the day - Angie Everhart

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
        ...and Famke "Neaderthal forehead" Janssen was?

...and I know you weren't talking about Game of Thrones Emilia Clarke...
        Lol, wasn't thrilled with Janssen as Jean, either.

I always see a young Ann Margret when I think of Jean

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I always think of a young Ann Margret. Period.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Kind of digressing a wee bit, as much as I LOVE Jean Gray/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, I still haven't been able to pull the trigger on the Sideshow Premium Format figure of the character and I think it's the fact that the face they chose doesn't match up with what I see in my head (classic Byrne/Austin). IMHO, no one has rendered her as well since (except perhaps Walt Simonson in the X-Men/Teen Titans crossover, he came pretty close). And as much as I admire Famke Janssen as an actress, I always found her a bit too old in the role. Haven't seen X-M:A, so I can't really comment as of yet regarding Sophie Turner's take on the character...
            Last edited by emeraldknight47; May 30, '16, 12:37 AM.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
              Career Member
              • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by daz71
              it's £10 over here that's why i never see them in the cinema.
              Get yourself an ODEON Limitless card mate. £17.99 a month and you can literally use it as many times you like.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Saw it Saturday and enjoyed it. Was it perfect? No...and I have a lot of little gripes(mostly continuity), but they weren't enough to ruin the movie for me. The story keeps moving even if it's a little slow at times(mostly the beginning)and a lot of it seems like they're setting everything up for the next movie...in which case, that they did it beautifully! They have a GREAT Magneto, Xavier and an excellent young cast to move forward with(I think Jean is beautiful BTW, but I don't like her hair pulled back) and make many more X-Men movies...everything is in place. Great little scene at the end of the credits(and thanks to Singer's hint, I know exactly were that is going).

All in all...I'll be proud to add it to my X-Men Bluray collection.
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Haven't seen it yet, but I would love to know if Deadpool's cameo is relevant to the story or more of a comic relief moment.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Haven't seen it yet, but I would love to know if Deadpool's cameo is relevant to the story or more of a comic relief moment.
                    I guess I missed Deadpool's cameo...or it was just a rumor? I will say that somebody else's cameo works PERFECTLY with the movie and doesn't feel thrown in just for the sake of a cameo.
                    sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I didn't see Deadpool.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                        Creature Of The Night
                        • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
                        I guess I missed Deadpool's cameo...
                        Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I didn't see Deadpool.
                        Me three.

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by madmarva
                          My nerd nitpick is the actress from Game of Thrones isn't nearly pretty enough to play Jean Grey.
                          My family and I just got back from seeing it. We liked it. I don't watch GOT, but I thought that actress looked like Boy George.
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Well I just downloaded the movie and for a free movie it was good. Yes when it comes out of DVD I will buy it, just like every comic book dvd that gets released. One of my grips is what happened to the field trip? It seems like there was more that was on the cutting room floor that should have been in the movie.

the next movie should be good since they seem to be settling on Dark Phoenix Saga. I just do not know if they could get this all in one movie. They just finished there 2cd trilogy so does that make the Phoenix Saga the next trilogy or are they going to cram it all in one movie.

I still would LOVE to see the X-Men vs The Brood some time down the road.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                              Well I just downloaded the movie and for a free movie it was good. Yes when it comes out of DVD I will buy it, just like every comic book dvd that gets released. One of my grips is what happened to the field trip? It seems like there was more that was on the cutting room floor that should have been in the movie.

the next movie should be good since they seem to be settling on Dark Phoenix Saga. I just do not know if they could get this all in one movie. They just finished there 2cd trilogy so does that make the Phoenix Saga the next trilogy or are they going to cram it all in one movie.

I still would LOVE to see the X-Men vs The Brood some time down the road.
                              It is my serious hope that, if their intention is to actually DO the Dark Phoenix storyline and give it the resonance and impact that the book had, that it play out over multiple films. There is WAY too much story behind the DP saga that gives the story it's power and poignancy. To cram it down the general public's throat in one film would be doing the story and the character at least as much of a disservice as Ratner did with "The Last Stand."
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎