Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they make the rest of the Marines in 7 inch scale?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blue devils
    • Jun 9, 2015

Will they make the rest of the Marines in 7 inch scale?

Neca now has Frost and Vasquez up for PO and we already have Hudson, Hicks, Windrix, Ripley, and Bishop. Has anyone heard if they are making the rest of the crew?
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

My local toy store had like a dozen Windrix figures on sale. Was tempted to get them and army build...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• melstapler
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 2, 2014

It would be nice to have an entire set of the marines and I know Randy has said they will try to do as many of them as they can. He's commented on two factors, such as A) whether or not a character will translate well in figure form and B) whether or not likeness rights can be obtained. Union issues prevent some of the actors from authorizing use of their likenesses, so not every situation is the same.

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

The recent announcement of the James Cameron as Colonial Marine figure was a nice surprise. Looking forward to having his figure for army building purposes.

Comment

• melstapler
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 2, 2014

The upcoming Kenner tribute Apone figure will be an excellent addition to the space marines collection. Considering the current status of Toys R Us, I'm hoping that NECA will find a way to make these available at other retail stores such as Target and perhaps even Walmart. Back in 2015, I remember buying several of the NECA Robocop (with holster leg) figures from a few different Walmart stores. Although Walmart still stocks a number of lines from McFarlane, I haven't seen many other NECA figures aside from the Godzilla and Robocop and those were only sold for a short time.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I don't understand what's keeping Drake...

At this point, this is the only line I'm interested in...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• melstapler
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 2, 2014

Definitely. I seem to recall actor Mark Rolston had been publicly communicating with Randy on Twitter, with a positive post from Rolston in the later part of 2017. It took a while for the Vasquez figure to be released, so hopefully we will see a Drake figure by 2019.

Comment

• melstapler
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 2, 2014

The Kenner tribute version of Drake displayed at SDCC 2018 looks great and will fill that void until a movie version can hopefully be negotiated with Rolston and released. Having the Kenner versions of Ripley, Apone and Drake is a great start and hopefully a Kenner version of Bishop is on the horizon as well.

Comment

• Boshek
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 26, 2011

Originally posted by melstapler
                  hopefully a Kenner version of Bishop is on the horizon as well.
                  That would be great. I loved that figure.
                  Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• melstapler
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 2, 2014

The Kenner version of Bishop was an interesting design, because the figure and realistic photo shown on the packaging slightly resembled Lance Henriksen, although it was a severely battle-damaged Bishop which had been repaired. The gun included with that Kenner Bishop figure was incredible as well!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎