Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is a completist on the '66 Batman line?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

I'm not a completist for this line. Looking for the core characters, and passing on many of the variants. Congrats to the completists of this wonderful line. You chose a wonderful series to collect. Would one of you please turn around while I check out your green apron Alfred. What? He had a green apron? I thought he was just a jacket-less Alfred.

Comment

• blue devils
      • Jun 9, 2015

Originally posted by Teemu
      ALL of FTC figures have become "customs" and that is exactly what FTC does (cobble parts to produce variants) see the pathetic 66 batman laying on a table ....So also if we change out a body, it's now a custom?

This "official" must be carded crap is nonsense and none of FTC will ever be worth anything in the future (especially to a generation that could care less about 8" mego dollies)

Now,If you want tranny Dick grayson,go ahead.The point is, the parts exist to make a 66 Batman Alfred in Batman disquise RIGHT NOW! on your own! It doesn't need to be "official" to be made
      Is that why you collect, because of potential future value? I collect for fun, always have. Sure, some things I have collected over the years I made money on, but I never collected anything (and I have been collecting for close to 40 years) with the thought "Oh man, I'm going to make a lot of money"! A hobby is meant to be fun, and that's what I try to make it.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by blue devils
        Is that why you collect, because of potential future value? I collect for fun, always have. Sure, some things I have collected over the years I made money on, but I never collected anything (and I have been collecting for close to 40 years) with the thought "Oh man, I'm going to make a lot of money"! A hobby is meant to be fun, and that's what I try to make it.
        Where in the world did you get that? It's some of the people here who keep their stuff carded and think that if you upgrade a figure,it's no longer "original"

I am constantly upgrading my figures to look better and I have shown that time and time again here. If I was collecting for future value,I wouldn't be opening my figures and changing out the bodies and adding more details.By upgrading a figure and making it better makes it more valuable.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

By upgrading a figure and making it better makes it more valuable.
          That's good to know. Still makes it a custom.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
            That's good to know. Still makes it a custom.
            more like a kitbash. Custom to me implies that you actually made something instead of just swapping around parts.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              more like a kitbash. Custom to me implies that you actually made something instead of just swapping around parts.
              With all respect, I consider kit/piece bashing a part of customizing.

Comment

• callistofreak
                Who stole my stuff !!!
                • Jul 1, 2006

Im in too. I don't need all of them. But I have 90%, and don't really plan on opening them?
                There just for me. The rest I get for the grandsons, but these are mine.
                Love them!!
                sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• nubee
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

I'm slowly building up on the 66 line. I only have a few though :( due to space and $$$. But I can't over emphasize how much I like that removable cowl Bats. The angry Batman head is one of the best sculpts in my opinion....I didn't notice this until I tried customizing it. I gonna hafta get me a few of 'em.

Comment

• blue devils
                    • Jun 9, 2015

Where in the world did you get that? It's some of the people here who keep their stuff carded and think that if you upgrade a figure,it's no longer "original"

I am constantly upgrading my figures to look better and I have shown that time and time again here. If I was collecting for future value,I wouldn't be opening my figures and changing out the bodies and adding more details.By upgrading a figure and making it better makes it more valuable.
                    Right there! "makes it more valuable" I'm just saying it sounds like your in it for investment, not fun.

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

I just received the Peril Batman set. I have to say Batman and Robin look improved, the painting is better, they look costumes look better.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I haven't bought any sets that have come out since last years Mego Meet. I hope to find some great deals at this years on them.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by blue devils
                          Right there! "makes it more valuable" I'm just saying it sounds like your in it for investment, not fun.
                          If you really knew me you'd know that I am all about the fun of collecting and making my figures BETTER! and yes,that adds "value" to my figures

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

I'm adding socks to the characters, I think need them. Now I want to switch out the backercards with The Toyroom's designs. I love this series. I will continue to collect core characters and any variant I might want. I almost passed on the Bruce and Dick, then I realized how much I wanted them.
                            All critiques aside, I love what FTC has done with this series! These are a Mego Junkie's dream come true.

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Completist here!!!!

Comment

• Monstar
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                                I'm adding socks to the characters, I think need them. Now I want to switch out the backercards with The Toyroom's designs. I love this series. I will continue to collect core characters and any variant I might want. I almost passed on the Bruce and Dick, then I realized how much I wanted them.
                                All critiques aside, I love what FTC has done with this series! These are a Mego Junkie's dream come true.
                                yeah, that is one drawback for me. FTC's Batman backer cards leave a lot to be desired. I don't mind too much as I plan to open them all up but until then I have to appreciate them carded.
                                http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎