Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Is that Wally...or WALTER West? Notice the color scheme?

It's probably NOT Walter West, the Wally of an alternate timeline, but they did borrow the look a bit. Which is cool, because I thought that was a great alternate Flash costume.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

There's two Wallys from what I heard, the original, son of Rudy West and another previously unknown Wally West, son of Rudy's brother. Cousins that were named after the same person. The 2nd one is black, fulfilling the role of the TV version.

Seems like DC is throwing balls to the wall and given multiple versions of many key characters with this Rebirth instead of trying to force just one new version down people's throats.
      So Ted Kord and Jamie Reyes Blue Beetles, multiple Superman/Clark Kents/Lois Lanes, assorted Marvel Family, 3 Jokers…..
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Interesting. Dammit, they got me! I thought this sounded crummy at first, but now most of it sounds intriguing. I don't even mind the involvement of the Watchmen, although I would prefer they didn't end up integrated into the DCU.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
          There's two Wallys from what I heard, the original, son of Rudy West and another previously unknown Wally West, son of Rudy's brother. Cousins that were named after the same person. The 2nd one is black, fulfilling the role of the TV version.

Seems like DC is throwing balls to the wall and given multiple versions of many key characters with this Rebirth instead of trying to force just one new version down people's throats.
          So Ted Kord and Jamie Reyes Blue Beetles, multiple Superman/Clark Kents/Lois Lanes, assorted Marvel Family, 3 Jokers…..
          When do we get the partridge in a pear tree?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I actually went and bought a comic yesterday, the hype got to me.

Interesting and I appreciated the (many) times the book seemed to be apologizing to me.

One thing kind of bothered me, I fear the Watchmen will be blamed for the "Grimdark" Nu52 and that feels wrong. I think Watchmen is find, I don't blame it for the imitators, I blame the imitators.

It's like blaming Deadpool for all the R rated superhero trash movies that just got greenlit.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm probably going to be at the comic shop this weekend, so I'm going to have to pick this up. At the moment, this seems like a move in the right direction, and I want to support that. I'm hoping they stay this course and don't swerve down the bumpy road with the headlights off again.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                I actually went and bought a comic yesterday, the hype got to me.

Interesting and I appreciated the (many) times the book seemed to be apologizing to me.

One thing kind of bothered me, I fear the Watchmen will be blamed for the "Grimdark" Nu52 and that feels wrong. I think Watchmen is find, I don't blame it for the imitators, I blame the imitators.

It's like blaming Deadpool for all the R rated superhero trash movies that just got greenlit.
                Really, if this is meant to be metatextual, then the Watchmen would be to blame for comics going grim and gritty in the '80's which makes me wonder if they're going to go back to a pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity? I would like that, I don't know if anyone else would tho...
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  . . . which makes me wonder if they're going to go back to a pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity? I would like that, I don't know if anyone else would tho...
                  Given that they're doing the DC Multiverse on the TV Flash and that I never understood why the multiverse was so confusing to people in he 80s (personally, I think it was just a few fanzine writers and Marv Wolfman that didn't get it), I'd be perfectly happy with it coming back as well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^As much as I love Marv Wolfman...yeah, he didn't get it. He actually did a great Earth-1/Earth-2 story in DC Comics Presents Annual #1, but he apparently agreed with a very narrow segment of fans. AND he had the clout of writing DC's #1 book at the time, so when he talked, DC listened.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Chris, you may want to get to that shop early. Sold out here on Long Island. One small shop I went to today said they sold 100 copies on Wednesday when it came out. Right now I'm trying to scramble and get at least 1 copy. Good Luck.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        Chris, you may want to get to that shop early. Sold out here on Long Island. One small shop I went to today said they sold 100 copies on Wednesday when it came out. Right now I'm trying to scramble and get at least 1 copy. Good Luck.
                        What Berto said. I couldn't make it to my CS until today and it to was sold out. He wasn't sure if he could get more.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                          What Berto said. I couldn't make it to my CS until today and it to was sold out. He wasn't sure if he could get more.
                          I see a 2nd printing coming up!
                          sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Yes a second printing is coming out. I bought my copy off of comixology

I kinda like the idea of three Jokers. It really makes since. The (Earth 2) Joker, the (Super Powers) Joker version, and the new homicidal Joker is the latest.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Rumor has it 2nd printing will be more $$ I think they are going with a more deluxe printing style on it. I heard that the 2nd print is going to be $5.99. I think the 1st print was less. Again, just something I heard from my local comic shop.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

1st print only 2.99, not bad for 80 pages... and that new DC logo actually looks good on the cover.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎