Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

I'm just happy to see DC doing something to make fans happy and/or excited for a change.

Instead of, say...making their chief hero secretly a member of the bad guys organization.
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

My comic shop guy held me a copy, knowing I'd want to read anything seemingly turning DC onto the right track. Read it, and really enjoyed it. Now, if they just stay this course, they've made a HUGE step in the right direction!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jimbutsu
        Memory *is* RAM!
        • Apr 11, 2002

I lucked into a copy on the shelf yesterday... bought it, read it, didn't like it. It just seems so angry and shrill. I realize that the point is to call out how this is the case, and maybe the promise of going away from that tone is on the horizon, but:

A) I've been burned before, and I don't buy for a minute that this is going to see DC going back to storytelling I enjoy in the long term. I doubt they'll even do that in the short term in a lot of titles.

B) Shoehorning the Watchmen into this just feels to me like such a lazy approach, not to mention diminishing the message and the impact of the Watchmen story in the first place.

Admittedly, this is all just my take, and I totally get that YMMV - and that there might be a whole "we're introducing the Watchmen to a new generation, you old fuddy-duddy" counterpoint to my disdain, but based on this first issue, I've seen nothing that will pull me back in.
        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Picked up Superman: Rebirth issue # 1 on Wednesday.
          Pretty good.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Finally had a chance to read it. Enjoyed it as the set-up, but I'm thinking that since Geoff Johns isn't going to be writing any of the titles involved (as far as I can tell), that the follow up won't be as satisfying.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Picked a few of the books up to give them a try and enjoyed them....

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

I enjoyed it and have been picking up titles selectively. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎