X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Superman carrying case

Who are the characters on the new Superman carrying case. The little with the red hair, the one in the background fighting Superboy and the three standing on the building?
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Looks like the Phantom Zone villains, Lana Lang, and Tyr.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Tyr is odd, isn't it? Is that a Legion of Superheroes tie-in with Superboy?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah I guess Tyr is a Superboy villain, by way of the Legion.

BTW, I'm hoping we at least get the Legion founders as figures by FTC.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
          Yeah I guess Tyr is a Superboy villain, by way of the Legion.

BTW, I'm hoping we at least get the Legion founders as figures by FTC.
          That would be a capital idea! $

Comment

• rodkeith
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2008

Glad to see they're planning on expanding the Superman cast!

The Phantom Zone Villains here are the versions used in the '82 DC Style Guide-- Faora, General Zod, and Kru-el, who more resembles the Terence Stamp Zod than the actual comics Zod. There's also adult Lana Lang, Tyr (also got that Super Powers connection), Krypto, and Supergirl in her more timeless costume.

So that's 6 new characters plus Krypto (would he be a pack-in, like Gleek?). I also wonder if they would re-do Superman, in a more updated Curt Swan/Garcia-Lopez look? As much as I like the nostalgia of the original Mego, he could be a lot more comic-accurate.

Jor-el and Lara would be welcome. Wouldn't be surprised to see re-purposed Superman and Jimmy figures as Nightwing and Flamebird.

No doubt we're going to get Brainiac along with a 70's Toyman in the Super Friends line, but I'm wondering if we might see other Silver/Bronze Age villains soon, like Terra-Man, Parasite, orange/green Metallo, and Composite Superman as well? That seems to be what's missing most from the line.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎