Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

The fire sale is underway. I picked up several Infinity figures I lacked this evening. My local Wal-Mart's were selling the figures for $4.95 each and the playsets for $11. Target did one better, especially if you use their Cartwheel app and got 4 figures at 60% off. Thus, I spent $3.03 per figure. I now lack 8 figures overall, but that's discounting Agent 13, Phineas, the FX ones, and redundant unpainted/clear Infinite types. The figures I lack are: Alice, Madhatter, Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, and Sam Flynn, Nemo, and Dory + playset.
    20160722_213531.jpg

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

Today's the last day for the Cartwheel 60% off. Just picked up Dory and Olaf. The Cartwheel deal did not apply to playsets, but getting Dory for $14 wasn't too shabby. I went to 2 Targets far out from where I live and the character pickings are getting slim. I wonder if Infinity figures will pop up at places like Ross, Tuesday Mornings, Big Lots, etc. I really dig the sculpting on the figures.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

And then, for me, there were 3. Nemo, Alice, and Sam Flynn are all I have left to collect. Hope all the fans here were able to take advantage of the deals out there. Also, it would appear that the figures at the end of the line: Alice Through The Looking Glass and Finding Dory--all of them--do not contain collectible cards. Or I was extremely unlikely and my Dory, Madhatter, and Time weren't properly packaged with them.
        Last edited by jacoblb; Jul 24, '16, 12:36 AM. Reason: Post Scripts

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

Target is still selling at $6.99 each while Wal-Mart cotinues with their Rollback. It won't be long now unless the big box stores get inventory onto the pegs. I need to hit up TRU to pick up the remaining 3 I lack. I rarely go to TRU so I don't know how well picked over that outlet is. TRU sure love to keep old inventory on the shelves unlike Target. I need to repurchase the Mezco Lion-o Thundercats because Snarf is now included and also wrap up my collection by getting Tygra. Wish I'd see more TRU deals when it comes to plunking down $40 per figure. The Rewards program isn't cutting it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I have completely lost track of these. There are a couple SW Rebels ones that interest me for decoration pieces -have you noticed if any of them are hanging around? Thanks for the updates.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

No markdowns I've seen around here. I think the prices went down to $11.96, after rising to around $14, but that's it.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                I have completely lost track of these. There are a couple SW Rebels ones that interest me for decoration pieces -have you noticed if any of them are hanging around? Thanks for the updates.
                I have indeed seen Rebels on the shelves at Targets and Wal-Marts as I needed all but Sabine to complete my collection. Sabine was my first 3.0 figure when 3.0 originally came out. I bought her before I even had a 3.0 playset and game disc.

Matter of fact, I have seen all the characters in stores recently where I live but sometimes you have to hit up more than one store because the stores are getting picked over pretty good. Sure is a bummer they never made Hera. I'm the type of person that if there are multiples of any figure I spend the time trying to get ones with the best paint apps. You're right, the figures look great as display pieces.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Looks like I am off to Target - thanks for the heads-up

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    No markdowns I've seen around here. I think the prices went down to $11.96, after rising to around $14, but that's it.

Chris
                    I'd be surprised if all the Targets aren't on the same page as far as mark downs go. I wouldn't know for certain, but it always seems like every store is the same when it comes to sales.

With Wal-Marts I understand each store can vary and not every store is going to match up with clearance items as those are entirely discretionary. I have a neighbor who has worked at WM for 20 years in Loss Prevention so I get inside scoop tips from her now and then. I had to jump ship from her store as my go-to for Lego deals and find a substitute location because her store typically marked down their Lego quite often (plus sales tax is 2% less than anywhere else in town,) but the Lego mark downs ceased when the General Manager was replaced. (This weekend, at my WM replacement store, I'm planning to buy Lego Kylo Ren Lego ship for $90 and Death Star Battle Luke vs. Darth for $50.)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for the tip on Target. Will try to hit one this weekend, as the closest one is about an hour away.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Walmart had them for $11.96. Target was $6 I think but all they had left was Ulton, Vader and Yoda. My son is still looking for a few Marvels.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy just found the Infinity figures for $5 at our Wal-Mart. Rey/Finn 2-pack and Chris Evans Cap Marvel set are $11.88!!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Found singles at Meijer for $5. Still need the Asoka/Annakin pair but they were all still full price.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

I got some on bestbuy's website the other day for $2-$5 and the 3 packs w/game for $20 on the wii u and xbox1
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jacoblb
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2009

Was able to nab an Alice from a WM on the other side of town so I just need Sam and Nemo to complete the figures.
                                The Star Wars Racing Toy Box is holding the line at $11 and I don't see it in every store, I'll probably want that.
                                Nemo was sorely under produced. I only saw one instance of Nemo on the shelves when it came out and the secondary market is taking full advantage of the scarce figure. With Sam, I'm less worried about not finding him. Sure he's not on the shelves anymore where I live--even at TRU!--but I've no doubt I can find him easy at a pawn shop one of these days. Plus, I can buy him at SRP online still. I kind of wonder if additional quantities of johnny-come-lately figures will ever show up at the stores like Big Lots, etc. Maybe that's it. Maybe all the figures that were made already showed up.
                                Despite the fire sales I've seen no evidence of Target or Walmart taking advantage of the open space, it's weird. I wonder what they're waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎