Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

My son has the Avengers and Guardians related ones. But he doesn't own the game. He just likes the figures.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

I did the same thing bought the Marvel 2.0 figures, the Game play IMO stunk so they are cool display pieces for me, if i see them on clearance ill get the missing ones

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Will prices on the Star Wars ones shoot up, plummet, or stay about the same? Any of you guys have any good theories? Reason why is I really considered getting a lot of those Star Wars Infinity figures ----especially the OT ones. Is now a good time to buy, what with the announcement?
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I doubt they'll be worth much. They produced a TON of those. Maybe the later releases, like Boba Fett?

Chrsi
          sigpic

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I doubt they'll be worth much. They produced a TON of those. Maybe the later releases, like Boba Fett?
            Thanks for the assessment... I'm looking for basically the OT ones---despite being "OT", Boba Fett is hit or miss for me--- bargains on Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and Vader are what I'm hoping to see-----never was really into stylized versions of stuff, but those looked pretty dang iconically cool to me---being a huge SW OT fan and all.

Yoda is another I'd consider... I think that just about covers all OT Infinity figs.
            Last edited by huedell; May 26, '16, 12:22 PM.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

The article isn't exactly yesterday fresh, but, man, does it stink that the line finished early and we're not getting this Doctor Strange as well as the other ones like Peter Pan, Jaffar, etc. I really did like the Dr. Strange figure! Guess I'll have to hope Emce/DST makes a retro figure (or I'll customize, I saw a cool one on FB the other day) and I'll be buying the Dr. Strange Lego of course.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/...ght-have-been/
              Last edited by jacoblb; Jun 22, '16, 11:57 AM. Reason: missing words. dumb typos.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Just saw on my Facebook feed a picture of Spider-Gwen for Disney Infinity from Comic Book Resources. Chalk it up to another character we won't see from Disney Infinity due to its cancellation. Such a shame a lot of time, effort, and money went into deciding on what characters to do, how'd they pose, and the like, before the plug got pulled.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Not sure why but I'm thinking Nintendo's Amiibos won't be far behind.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    Not sure why but I'm thinking Nintendo's Amiibos won't be far behind.
                    Well, with all the stocking issues going on with Amiibo, I can definitely see why you would think that. Personally, I think Skylanders is the next one to go.
                    The hands that grip.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Don't think Skylanders will. The next version coming out will have it you can customize your characters.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2006

i think there is a real missed opportunity with all of these toy to game figures. As they are now they are nothing but fancy character selections for the game. They should interact with each other out side of the video game, like a board game were the more you play the character in the video game the stronger the character gets in the board game, and the more they battle in the board game the character gets powered up in the video game. Kinda like mixing them with an electronic hero clix style game. It would give kids twice as many reasons to buy them and use them.

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

The marvel figures out now are $14.95 everywhere except Five Below, where they are $5. I ask Walmart when they were putting theirs on clearance last night and got a blank stare.

CCC.

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

The Walmart's in my neck of the wood charge $11.96 per Infinity Figure. I'd have to go to TRU in order to find those harder to find characters like the Tron figures. I anticipate a fire sale is going to happen with the Infinity figures so big box stores can make more room for other things that are still supported like Amiboo and Lego Dimensions.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Same here. I told my kids to hold off buying any, because you know they are going to blow these out before too long. Probably before Christmas.

Our Wal-Mart has the original and 2.0 starter sets for $20!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 22, 2011

There is a new 5 Below opening nearby on the 8th. I had to drive over there to find that out, but in the process I went to the Walmart across the street and they had their Infinity Avengers figures for $5, so I got my MODOK for my MU collection.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎