Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC Superfriends Wonder Woman on Cheetah Body (upgraded with lasso and cuffs)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    It seems odd that there's no rooting in the back, it's like a Maya re-do.

Would detailing her eyes soften the expression?
    It may but here eyebrows are sculpted and so if I remove the paint from them and redo them to look less angry she still going to have these funny little ridges above her eyes. I may try to put a little bit more of a smile on her mouth but I'm hoping it doesn't make her look even more irritated.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I'm thinking a better paint job with the eyes would help her greatly.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
        It may but here eyebrows are sculpted and so if I remove the paint from them and redo them to look less angry she still going to have these funny little ridges above her eyes. I may try to put a little bit more of a smile on her mouth but I'm hoping it doesn't make her look even more irritated.
        I assumed the sculpted brows, but maybe you could make the upper lash more pretty and tweak the iris detail.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Very cool group shot! How is the outfit on Aquaman? It looks a bit tight around the shoulders. Does the outfit move fairly well on the S-type or is there a risk of it tearing?

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
            Very cool group shot! How is the outfit on Aquaman? It looks a bit tight around the shoulders. Does the outfit move fairly well on the S-type or is there a risk of it tearing?
            the only tightness was around the hip area and his arms move fine.The suit is a tighter fit,but it works fine

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
              ...The head sculpt though, while not crazy oversized, is a little (okay, a lot) wonky on the backside. And a bit flat in front. A bit of work and there is some improvement. Take a look...[ATTACH=CONFIG]18335[/ATTACH]
              lilbrosj66, thanks a *lot* for posting the close up shots of the Super Friends Wonder Woman FTC head sculpt and paint job. Here are some concept pieces I designed to help with planning out some eye & eyebrow (and maybe lip & tiara) repainting. I minimized those black tiara outlines. I worked out some of the facial proportions from Alex Ross' model sheets. The second pic compares the new details with close ups of the 2003 action figure and maquette.

Last edited by comicmike; May 22, '16, 2:21 PM.

Comment

• binkystarr
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 16, 2015

She looks amazing, great job with this new body. Why can't FTC give the female figures these kinds of bodies? Is there a copyright issue? I don't know much about body "legal issues?"

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I think it's the black around the blue eyes that's throwing it off for me.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 15, 2005

Great looking heads and suits made better with the body swap- personally, I like the new WW head! Can't wait to get my own and see how it looks on the Janine body, in terms of skin tone!
                    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Capt Kirk
                      Great looking heads and suits made better with the body swap- personally, I like the new WW head! Can't wait to get my own and see how it looks on the Janine body, in terms of skin tone!
                      Who's Janine?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

Mattel used the same body for their Ghost Busters Janine figure. They are generally the same prices on ebay as the Cheetah figure.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Toys R Us had a ton of those Janine & Samhain sets for clearance. I was waiting for them to drop to $5 to buy a bunch of them. I got one at $7 and upon opening, Samhain fell apart and Janine has wobbly legs, although I can get her standing. But the quality was so bad on that set that I did not buy anymore. I kind of wish I gave another set a chance now.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I've used both Janine and Cheetah with very similar results. The question becomes do you want a bunch of leopard skin tights or coveralls in a box somewhere.

When I need one, I'll order whichever is cheaper.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Nice to know the skin tone matches, but I'll never see the appeal of the Mattel female bodies. The arms and legs just look misshapen to me (and the bare arms just accentuate that bulging elbow joint). Different tastes; maybe I'm just too use to the Mego female body after all these years, but the proportions and shapes just seem better.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Wow! That looks GREAT!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎