Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC Superfriends Wonder Woman on Cheetah Body (upgraded with lasso and cuffs)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
    Nice to know the skin tone matches, but I'll never see the appeal of the Mattel female bodies. The arms and legs just look misshapen to me (and the bare arms just accentuate that bulging elbow joint). Different tastes; maybe I'm just too use to the Mego female body after all these years, but the proportions and shapes just seem better.
    It is 10 times better than the crap FTC gives us...Until there are S-type female bodies,the Mattel body does these figures just fine

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I would love to see Dr Mego come out with a solid female body without rubber bands and maybe the swivel bicep like the S-type male figures.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

I just can't bring myself to use the Mattel female body. As much as I want to like those figures, they have issues. The issue I have with the female bodies are the god-awful legs. That spread and the knock-knees I just can't get past. At least a costume helps cover it. The hands get me too. They look like little deformed baby hands. I try to use original Mego female bodies when I can. I dunno. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Monstar
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          I would love to see Dr Mego come out with a solid female body without rubber bands and maybe the swivel bicep like the S-type male figures.

JeffBearCO
          That would be incredible. The FTC female bodies are shockingly bad. And cheetahs/Janine are starting to get a bit pricey. I was able to score a few but now I am effectively doubling the cost of any FTC female figure.
          http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
            It is 10 times better than the crap FTC gives us...Until there are S-type female bodies,the Mattel body does these figures just fine
            How? They have the same floppy waist problems as all Mattel figures do. No one has really ever explained why the Mattel body is supposedly better other than just their own personal taste. Folks have been able to enumerate specific reasons why they prefer the S-type bodies. Just asking for some reasoning behind the claim, I guess.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
              How? They have the same floppy waist problems as all Mattel figures do. No one has really ever explained why the Mattel body is supposedly better other than just their own personal taste. Folks have been able to enumerate specific reasons why they prefer the S-type bodies. Just asking for some reasoning behind the claim, I guess.
              I don't know you can compare the two?

FTC female body can't stand straight.It flops over like the hunchback of notre dame.The bands are strung tight causing it.

The plastic is CHEAP!!!

The hips are HUGE and you can see the warts on the inside of the legs like she has crabs!

She also has quite the itty-bitty titties too

Mattels (while not perfect) does the very opposite of above.The body is more curvy,slender,full bust and less hippy.

Yeah,the legs might flop a little (not really a problem),but they look much better that FTC by far

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

The shoulders are also completely different. The chest and shoulders on the Mattel body are actually engineered differently. On a character like Wonder Woman with the shoulders exposed, the look is completely different.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by darkbros
                  Body is awesome, but her RBF...man!!!
                  Would love to see what Jessica would do to repaint it to be less ...harsh.
                  Well she DID look like that a lot on the show...
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎