Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacsfc
    Career Member
    • Aug 2, 2004

Based on your list of flaws, it sounds like exactly what mego would have made. I love Megos as much as anyone but they are FAR from perfect.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

He looks great!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Figure8
        I got my Fistfighter Flash today. Wish I could say it was worth the wait, but I think he looked much better in the pictures. There are just too many flaws. I really liked the Mattel version, but that line took its liberties with the Mego-style. I still wished for the figure 'that Mego would have made' - but this isn't it IMO. The biggest problem is his head: it's not gigantic, but it IS too big. It's just out of scale, it just doesn't look right. And I really don't get why his 'lightning belt' is so high up his waist. It looks like he yanked up his pants for comic effect ... Also his suit should have been one piece, the seams for the legs look awkward. I liked the red gloves better in the photos, but they are the smallest problem.
        I could add that the chest emblem on my figure is flawed. The black line around the white circle is slightly off. It looks blurred and I don't think it's a 'speed effect' ...
        I really wanted to like this Flash, but my first impression is disappointing. Sometimes I change my mind about figures and I still hope this one will grow on me a bit more ...
        hey if you decide you cant live with him and want to sell him shoot me a pm

Comment

• Figure8
          Museum Patron
          • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by jacsfc
          Based on your list of flaws, it sounds like exactly what mego would have made. I love Megos as much as anyone but they are FAR from perfect.
          Well, if numerous flaws are what you're looking for in Re-Megos this one should be perfect for you. But seriously, I know that the originals weren't perfect and it was a part of their charm. It's just that I had very high hopes for this figure and in the pictures it actually looked very nice. As I already said the biggest problem for me is the size of his head. And Mego usually got that right as far as I remember.

Comment

• Figure8
            Museum Patron
            • May 18, 2016

@libby 1957dog:
            Hi, thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty sure I will keep him. He may not be what I wished for, but Flash is my all-time favorite DC character - so I'm 'completist' in this case. I think I've seen a number of UK-sellers on eBay offering the figure at a decent price. In Germany it's really hard to find any affordable offer for FTC figures - shipping alone will usually kill you.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

My biggest issue is the belt that is WAY too high! It makes him look like an old man with his pants pulled up too high.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Figure8
                Museum Patron
                • May 18, 2016

Just for the record: I've had my FTC Flash for a week now and guess what? I'm starting to like him after all. I shouldn't have compared him to the Mattel version, I guess. I think Mattel got the suit and boots exactly right - and I even liked the head. The FTC version is actually a very different take on the same character. I still believe the head should have been just slightly smaller, and maybe less generic looking. But the more I look at the figure, the more I get the (slightly awkward) Mego vibe. And while I'm at it: Am I the only one who would love a Barry Allen figure? I think an RC Flash could be really cool too!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I ended up getting the Fist-fighter Flash because I found him at a tremendous deal, so I couldn't pass. First let me say, I really like this figure in hand. There is something extraordinary about some of these figures when you can actually hold them and get a better sense of how different they are from a static photo. I really like this one as a Fist-fighter too. The gloves are something I really like on this one. It really touches that kid in me so that is a big plus when we're talking about a ReMego. I guess I'm so use to seeing him run with his fists clinched, it makes good sense. The "fist-fighting" motion kind of caters to that speedster idea as well. The imaginary fun I would have had with this one when I was eight would have been...Wow... off the charts.

Really like the head sculpt and the suit is the right color for me. So everything is really there, plus it completely mimics the Mego style without over indulging on the concept. No "updates" to take away from the vintage feel. I really like this one. Now I am extra pumped to see the Flash series!!

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

I like the standard body flash .with the red evel gloves.has rhe mego charm.the gloves are food.but a bit to large.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

The.good not food .damn text.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡