X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

So Now, What's Next in DC Series?

With Super Friends Series 2 and Batman Retro Series 4 Shipping Now, joining recently released Super Powers Series 3 and '66 Batman Series 5; I think most product teased at some time is now a reality. I now there are prototypes of Nightwing and Catwoman suggesting at least a Teen Titans Series 2 and a Batman Retro Wave 5 but aside that, I don't see much more DC stuff in the horizon like months ago I felt I was going to drown in DC figures.

So, now what's next? I think I just remembered seeing a Riddler prototype (was it from the Super Friends line?). Maybe a LOD series?

Yeah, I know, I know... Shazam series, Wonder Woman series, but has anyone seen any works toward these? Any prototypes?

C'mmon let me hear you bros' and sis'. Give me some hope!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

they showed Riddler, Bizzaro and Toyman from Superfriends. I imagine that Batman might round out that wave, or another villain. Cyborg's been shown too. Then there are the HB stuff like Space Ghost and Jonny Quest that have been shown.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

66 Batman wave 6

Catwoman (newmar)
      False Face
      Clock King
      Robin removable mask

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ They are going to repackage RM Robin? You think that?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Superman Series 3 is also out there. We saw Superboy and... Pa Kent, maybe?

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            ^^^ They are going to repackage RM Robin? You think that?
            Why not? they are repackaging everything else...They gotta add at least one "waste" figure

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
              Why not? they are repackaging everything else...They gotta add at least one "waste" figure
              but they haven't done that in a regular wave yet. Different Batmen and Robins but not flat out throwing a previously released figure in there.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

but they haven't done that in a regular wave yet. Different Batmen and Robins but not flat out throwing a previously released figure in there.
                it has a removable mask.....RC Batman a is previously released figure too with a previously released head....look! It's variant king FTC.Why even question it

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

If the RC Robin you suggest is tweaked somehow, I'd concede it. Otherwise, it's a valid point in light of FTC's past practice.

Just redesigning the mask would be a potential improvement.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

it has a removable mask.....RC Batman a is previously released figure too with a previously released head....look! It's variant king FTC.Why even question it
                    reused head but new cowl and corrected belt, so it is an attempt at a new figure, not just shoving RM Robin at us again like you suggest

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

We've seen Freddy Freeman and Captain Sivana, so FTC needs to show new Shazam and Mary Marvel for Shazam wave.

Same with New Teen Titans- Nightwing and Cyborg shown we need Starfire and Raven!

Ma Kent is only figure in Superman 3 not revealed yet.

Then there's entire waves of Wonder Woman and Flash not even teased.

I also hope Super Friends 3 is confirmed soon, we need Legion of Doomers!

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

That sounds sweet, looking forward to when these get released, fingers crossed on Catwoman size head.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

reused head but new cowl and corrected belt, so it is an attempt at a new figure, not just shoving RM Robin at us again like you suggest
                          All I am suggesting is that FTC will likely throw a variant into wave 6 and a removable mask robin sounds about right with the way they keep pumping variants at us over and over....Personally,I don't want anymore Batman or Robin variants. (I am sick of variants)

Give me Newmar and False Face and then I am probably done and will be really satisfied with the 66 batman line,then my main focus can be the Superfriends.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

All I am suggesting is that FTC will likely throw a variant into wave 6 and a removable mask robin sounds about right with the way they keep pumping variants at us over and over....Personally,I don't want anymore Batman or Robin variants. (I am sick of variants)

Give me Newmar and False Face and then I am probably done and will be really satisfied with the 66 batman line,then my main focus can be the Superfriends.
                            Teemu, from the way you are writing this and the other posts, you do know that there is already a 66 removable mask Robin from Series 3, with Shame and The Mad Hatter, right? It just reads like you have forgotten about that figure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

So don't buy them and stop griping about them. Vote with your money and don't support the variants if you don't want them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎