X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apjac Corny
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by Type3Toys
    Perhaps a 9" figure shirt? I would check ebay. Maybe a Cher outfit for the shirt?
    There's gotta be something on eBay. Did Mego ever do a Señor Sonny?

Originally posted by noelani72
    I used a CTVT straitjacket for my shirt. Snip the sleeves, and used the jacket belt to make the ruffles.
    I'll look into that, I have three of them in my parts bin to play around with.

I have come to terms with the paint job but something else is bothering me. The fur texture on the head sculpt isn't going to match the fur on the body. So I think I'm going to add my gel fur texture to the head to create a more uniform look to the figure overall. This means the head needs to be stripped and repainted. No biggie, this is becoming quite the learning experience and will be of use for some future figures I have planned. Namely Gorilla Grodd & Sasquatch from Alpha Flight.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 12, 2016

I had a chance to work on the body fur today, I think I like the results. The different fur texture of body & head really isn't as bothersome to me as I thought it would be. Most of it will be hidden by the shirt. The arms of the shirt will be strategically ripped so the fur shows through.

I'm working on the hands at the moment. I split the fingers on some Zica type S hands and re-positioned them with the aid of my heat gun. I then added acrylic gel fur to the backs. They need to dry a few days before I can slap some paint on them.

If all goes well, I should have this guy finished up by the beginning of next week.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like this a lot. The gel fur is cool and the paints are fine. I'd suggest, though, that the eyes be a yellow-brown--reflecting the contacts used in close-ups of the werewolf. I know the eyes are inconsistent in the film, but brown is more inhuman/wolfy.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I'd suggest, though, that the eyes be a yellow-brown--reflecting the contacts used in close-ups of the werewolf. I know the eyes are inconsistent in the film, but brown is more inhuman/wolfy.
          That's a good suggestion, I have been using mostly black & white photos for reference and model kits. I have to go back and watch the opening titles of the film. I know Ollie had blue eyes in real life and that's why I painted them that way.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, the lenses are most evident in the title close-ups. Tears, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• gummi
              Career Member
              • Dec 2, 2009

That looks terrific! Love how you made the fur for the body and arms.
              "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I LOVE what you've done with the body fur. I've always felt like this scale needed a new approach to the fur depiction and I think you've nailed it. I really like it.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 12, 2016

The finished figure can be found here!
                  http://megomuseum.com/community/show...f-the-Werewolf

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Very nice--the fur technique is terrific. I would have chosen amber eyes, but even so this is a great figure.

Please consider doing The Reptile (a personal favorite) as a companion piece.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Please consider doing The Reptile (a personal favorite) as a companion piece.
                      I watched that one on TCM a few weeks ago! Now you got me thinkin'...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^ It's nuts how crazy I am for that film lol, it's got some layers to it.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

Looks great, love the painting app!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Leon!!! You nailed it!!! Fur-tastic!

Chris
                            sigpic