Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#MMFTCNEWS Deluxe Edition 1966 Batman and Robin Now Available!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Ah,I expect to see Newmar Catwoman in the next wave

Comment

• Monstar
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 6, 2008

I don't get why people are getting upset about this release... They are just a variant that people can easily skip over.

It's not like these figures are stopping FTC from releasing / announcing Catwoman or anyone other character. It's just a simple repackage of the heads from the accessory pack with figures. The most unique thing about them is the backing card, so I doubt putting this LE of 300 together impeded work any other releases.

Will I be skipping these? Probably, but I see no reason to huff.

If someone wants these - cool. If not - then you save yourself a few bucks.
      http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Monstar
        I don't get why people are getting upset about this release... They are just a variant that people can easily skip over. It's not like these figures are stopping FTC from releasing / announcing Catwoman or anyone other character. It's just a simple repackage of the heads from the accessory pack with figures. The most unique thing about them is the backing card, so I doubt putting this LE of 300 together impeded work any other releases. Will I be skipping these? Probably, but I see no reason to huff. If someone wants these - cool. If not - then you save yourself a few bucks.
        Me, I'm not upset but when every week that goes by a rehashed overstock figure (Joker in 7 different outfits, etc etc) is announced and we aren't getting anything new it's a bit of a downer.

At some point their customer base is going to get so frustrated by this rehash approach compounded with the other "issues" (terrible bodies, inconsistent head sizes) that customers will start putting their money somewhere else.

I haven't purchased a new FTC figure in like 8 months because there's just nothing that excites me. Nothing that makes me stand up and take notice.

Just my opinion.

-Chris

Comment

• houseofdracula
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 11, 2011

I'm not upset at all and I don't mind variant figures, I actually like a lot of them.
          I just don't want to spend $100.00 on two figures that I already have multiple versions of.
          If they were at regular price, I would have ordered them.
          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Toycade
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jul 8, 2014

I remember when the accessory set came out, people complained about the price and many passed on it. This set allows customers who passed on the accessory set to get the best of the accessories and the heads at less than the cost of purchasing the set. These exclusives throw those customers a bone. I don't see it as an attempt to "milk the fans." FTC does there very best to accommodate everyone by offering their figures loose, clothes separate, accessories by the piece, etc. Who else does that? Nobody. Put a smile on.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I don't mind them at all and will probably get them. I still need to get Robin in Peril too.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

i don't mind variants, but the price is way to high - wow. What a shame, I would like to buy them but I'll wait until they are discounted.

Comment

• Agent4125
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 23, 2007

What I don't like is that most of the accessories are the same for Batman and Robin.
                  If you buy both of them you get 2 shields, 2 mobile labs, 2 bazookas.
                  Do you really need 2 of each?
                  It would be nice if instead of those duplicate accessories they also included
                  the batphone, the Shakespeare bust, the bomb.

But maybe they are planning to release an exclusive Alfred that comes
                  with these other accessories?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎