Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#MMFTCNEWS Deluxe Edition 1966 Batman and Robin Now Available!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

#MMFTCNEWS Deluxe Edition 1966 Batman and Robin Now Available!

Where do they get those wonderful toys? It’s time to gear up with Gotham City’s greatest crime fighters, as Figures Toy Company is going all out with accessories for the new Deluxe Edition Batman and Robin figures! Based on the Classic TV Series, both Batman and Robin will come with an abundance of accessories that…Read more →
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

So is that a sculpt or is it the breather acc. Attached like on the acc pack?

Comment

• Agent4125
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 23, 2007

Are these only available from FTC or will they also be available from BBTS or Toycade?

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Boo! another variant! The breather could have been sold as an accessory, and this is how the figures should have been sold in the first place.
        The standard B or R figure, with at least five accessories, makes for a value at $30. As a variant, when you've already bought the Standard, Grimace Face,
        Boxer, and Surfs Up? not so much.....
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• rjm118
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 25, 2012

Arent those the heads sold in the accessory pack? Pretty lazy re-packaging even as a variant.

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

FYI the email newsletter still has "First look at KISS Destroyer" as the headline. :-)

image-3772337155.jpg
            Last edited by megomania; May 6, '16, 9:21 AM.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Yay! more (overpriced) variants that nobody asked for...TFC is really stretching it putting together useless variants

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megomania
                FYI the email newsletter still has "First look at KISS Destroyer" as the headline. :-)

[ATTACH]18244[/ATTACH]
                Gosh thanks for publicly pointing that out, really appreciate it.

FYI i did this newsletter on the train while travelling across country and trying to negotiate a home sale. I'm under slept, overworked and fed up with this kind of thing.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, anyone collecting the Batman '66 line will immediately recognize that as a repackaged accessory kit, with costumed bodies. I get revitalizing the line with different looks and packaging. Just not sure what demographic in this group would chase after this one since they already have all of these pieces if they have been collecting the line. I'm of the opinion if this is whats remaining at the end of a really excellent run, it would be better to just bypass these oddities. At this stage characters like Commissioner Gordon and Catwoman are the big exclusions.

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Gosh thanks for publicly pointing that out, really appreciate it. FYI i did this newsletter on the train while travelling across country and trying to negotiate a home sale. I'm under slept, overworked and fed up with this kind of thing.
                    My bad. Wasn't intending to call you out! You do yeoman's work with the newsletter!

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megomania
                      My bad. Wasn't intending to call you out! You do yeoman's work with the newsletter!
                      Yeah my bad, I'm punch drunk this morning.

Comment

• Toycade
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 8, 2014

Yes, Toycade will carry a limited number of these. Now listed! They should arrive around the same time as Penguin Bride Barbara Gordon so bundle them together and take advantage of free shipping! This is a great set for those who may have missed the accessory set (also on sale at Toycade of course) Not for everybody, hence the extremely limited run of just 300 pieces, but fun nonetheless in my opinion. They make a really great gift for the fan who loves Batman and Robin but does not want to commit to the entire line. http://stores.ebay.com/Toycade

Comment

• houseofdracula
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 11, 2011

After seeing this, I went over to the FTC page, ready to place my order.
                          I then noticed that to order both Batman & Robin, it was going to cost $100.00 for both figures.
                          So, I passed.

I love Batman 66 and I love this line.
                          I also want to support FTC for giving me this line but I can't justify spending $100.00 for these 2 figures when I already have multiple Batman & Robin figures.

Also, I held off as long as I could but I finally just bought the Adam West & Burt Ward Hot Toys figures so my wallet is looking a bit thin.
                          Last edited by houseofdracula; May 6, '16, 4:15 PM.
                          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 30, 2015

I'm glad I'm a completist and decided to sell all of my 66 figures or else I would begin to feel a tad exploited.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Bat breather variants with accessories? just when you thought this line was getting better,
                              this is up there with the heroes in peril variants.

Weren't Bat breathers already added in the accessories package?

I was hoping like many others for Catwoman and Commish Gordon, maybe a Henchmen or two?
                              perhaps there's an issue with getting Newmar's permission for licensing? stranger things have happened.

She's one of the top (4) main villians, (9) have been made, plus variants, but not Catwoman?
                              It's a head scratcher for sure.
                              Last edited by TrekStar; May 6, '16, 7:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎