X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Mego Mention of Me-TV.com!

Woo-Hoo! Stop by the website and represent!

"Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

What a great mention and pictures of the figures are really nice if not accurate of first releases(?).

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, that's really neat! But they should have contacted The Museum for proper pictures. Some custom boxes and FTCs are mixed in there.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Weird they chose to not even contact us but whatever.

I don't get the weird commenter who thinks us "jerks" have the Marvel license, I was going to correct him but noticed his other posts are kinda racist (which is pathetic because he's posting it on MeTV) so i'll pass.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

That was an odd story because it definitely felt loosely researched from someone not really informed. The pics alone scream that. I don't think that was done by anyone really interested in digging into the hobby. But it is fun to see some recognition thrown this direction in the name of nostalgia. I don't pay any attention to the comments section of internet stories. Always the home for keyboard warriors who harbor ill will.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Me-TVs researchers are not all that great and make many mistakes that we (the posters) have called them on. But still, I thought it was pretty groovy to see our toy love mentioned!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
              That was an odd story because it definitely felt loosely researched from someone not really informed. The pics alone scream that. I don't think that was done by anyone really interested in digging into the hobby. But it is fun to see some recognition thrown this direction in the name of nostalgia. I don't pay any attention to the comments section of internet stories. Always the home for keyboard warriors who harbor ill will.
              I'm wiling to bet the person who wrote this is under 30 and maybe unpaid. A lot of this click bait stuff like "Most Valuable Toys You Threw Away" etc. are not entertaining to anyone who collects old toys because they know more than the author.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Cool artical regardless of the errors, but the comment about the "jerk" who runs the museum site
                was completely unnecessary.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                  Cool artical regardless of the errors, but the comment about the "jerk" who runs the museum site
                  was completely unnecessary.
                  He's the guy who owns that monster restaurant in Mexico, he's got issues.

If he considers me a jerk, I'm doing something right. If he thinks I'm involved with EMCE, he's not very bright. I was even let go from writing in the Marvel booklets recently, the MegoMuseum wields zero influence there.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm always amazed that some people choose to think members here wield some sort of Purple Man-like influence over independent toy companies. If only lol.

It's purposefully ignorant troll jealousy IMO.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                      He's the guy who owns that monster restaurant in Mexico, he's got issues.

If he considers me a jerk, I'm doing something right. If he thinks I'm involved with EMCE, he's not very bright. I was even let go from writing in the Marvel booklets recently, the MegoMuseum wields zero influence there.

I almost replied to that asshat too but then thought better of lowering myself to his standards. he needs to do some fact checking and learn how to spell, it is EMCE, not ECME. what a tool

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎