X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Kenner's M.A.S.K. is getting rebooted.

Comic book coming this fall and movie by Paramount Pictures is in the works.

I'm surprised it took this long. It's been rumored for years. Now, where's the toys?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

definitely one of my favorite toy lines!! can't wait!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

They have to keep the theme song. It is awesome.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

this is part of the Hasbroverse so somehow M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe,Transformers, Rom and Visionaries are all supposed to exist in the same universe?? It will be interesting to see just how they are going to do this.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

That theme song is pure 80's ...... I love it.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            this is part of the Hasbroverse so somehow M.A.S.K., G.I. Joe,Transformers, Rom and Visionaries are all supposed to exist in the same universe?? It will be interesting to see just how they are going to do this.
            Don't forget the Micronauts!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I have an irrational love for MASK. I was really into the toys (very well made, innovative toys, I might add!) and the show. In a way I kind of like that it's been unspoiled by modern hands, but I'm willing to give any new version a look.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I'd be thrilled if they would just bust out the original molds and repop all the old toys. It's a very difficult and expensive line to try and collect vintage.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Unfortunately, I imagine the original molds are long gone. It would be great, though, if we got some reissues or a retro line leading up to the reboot.

You know, I will miss T-Bob in the reboot. I actually liked him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^T-Bob was one of the better comedy add-ons. He made sense, and he and Scott didn't get in the middle of the action usually. The normally were involved in a B-plot running adjacent to the main one as I recall.

Plus, the toy was actually really cool, and VERY cheap, price-wise!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^T-Bob was one of the better comedy add-ons. He made sense, and he and Scott didn't get in the middle of the action usually. The normally were involved in a B-plot running adjacent to the main one as I recall.
                      Exactly, plus he wasn't really cowardly. He was just very protective of Scott.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 24, 2020

I was looking for a thread on this toy line did anyone grab from the wherehouse find in Chile about a year ago?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I didn't hear anything about that warehouse find until recently. If there was any stock available, I would be very tempted!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎