X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Yes, really .
    I'm mostly fine with this, considering I'll be paying $22.50 shipped for it from Toycade. Would I like the head to be smaller, the body better proportioned, and the costume better fitting? Sure, but that's part of the charm of the retro-Mego figures to me. I found plenty of faults with the original WGSH when I was 10, but I still loved 'em.
    I collect high-end 1:6 figures as well (Hot Toys, etc), and understandably I am much less forgiving when paying $200+. These don't seem out of place compared to classic Megos.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I like the Mattel RAH version better.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

It's funny,everybody complains about the size of the heads and yet FTC heads are consistent with each other.My 66 Batman collection heads are all the same size...again,head size is consistent there. Superfriends Heads have been consistently the same size

When you look at FTC re-mego's, the heads are smaller and yet still consistent with each other.

It seems when FTC makes "NEW" figures (like 66 Batman/SF's(,the heads are ALL ONE of the same size- So while the heads may be bigger than your typical mego re-make,they are consistent at least.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

lol Yeah, consistently too big.

Regarding their Mego copies, the slightly smaller size from the originals is because original heads were used as molding prototypes. and there was a bit of shrinkage in the process.

Consistency across a line is laudable, but speaking for myself and some others here, we were hoping FTC originals would blend better with vintage Mego. for over-all display.

But that ship has sailed... In general, I'd like heads to be scaled for the body that supports them.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            lol Yeah, consistently too big.

Regarding their Mego copies, the slightly smaller size from the originals is because original heads were used as molding prototypes. and there was a bit of shrinkage in the process.

Consistency across a line is laudable, but speaking for myself and some others here, we were hoping FTC originals would blend better with vintage Mego. for over-all display.

But that ship has sailed... In general, I'd like heads to be scaled for the body that supports them.
            But the point is...they are consistent....My 66 Batman ALL have the same sized heads.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

My Mego Hulk and Thing never blended very well with my other WGSH figures back in the 70s, but I didn't get too fussed about it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                But the point is...they are consistent....My 66 Batman ALL have the same sized heads.
                I get your point and noted it in my post, you're choosing to overlook my perspective.

BUT, I'm just razzing you a bit, hence the "lol", not trying to start a flaming debate. Truce.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

If the female figures are going to be out of scale, they should at least fix the eye paint on the Sue Richards head so we can switch them out without Zombie Eyes.

Losing hope for the eventual Wonder Woman line before even seeing it.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                    It's funny,everybody complains about the size of the heads and yet FTC heads are consistent with each other.My 66 Batman collection heads are all the same size...again,head size is consistent there. Superfriends Heads have been consistently the same size

When you look at FTC re-mego's, the heads are smaller and yet still consistent with each other.

It seems when FTC makes "NEW" figures (like 66 Batman/SF's(,the heads are ALL ONE of the same size- So while the heads may be bigger than your typical mego re-make,they are consistent at least.
                    May I point you to the recent set of Fist Fighters, where there is DEFINITELY no consistent scale. GL is fine, just about perfect. Flash is bigger, as is Plas, and J'Onn is huge. And the Batman line with Alfred. The first Superman wave with Bizarro. The upcoming Batman wave four with Gordon and Batman. And there's no way anyone could look at the '66 Barbara Gordon head and the Batgirl head and say they are scaled the same, and it's supposed to be the same exact person.

It is a consistent problem, both across the line and within individual waves.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

I'll have to see her in person. From the pic on this thread, the head does look too big. Even if it is in scale, she looks very very unhappy with someone.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                        I'll have to see her in person. From the pic on this thread, the head does look too big. Even if it is in scale, she looks very very unhappy with someone.
                        Maybe the guy she just finished entering the Mile High Club with....I mean, blouse ready to fall off...hair a mess...lipstick smudged...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

Eager to see how the outfit fits on the Mattel body.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Forgive the dare, but must ask... How did you get this figure if its still in Pre-Order on most Online Outlets and even at the FTC & CTVT websites?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by megomania
                              Maybe the guy she just finished entering the Mile High Club with....I mean, blouse ready to fall off...hair a mess...lipstick smudged...

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 4, 2011

She is showing as temporarily out of stock on EE. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎