X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monstar
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble

I know a good number of us like to swap the bodies out for better ones, but the male bodies have not been that bad. All of my 1966 Batman figures are on the original bodies except Batman and Robin. But the female bodies? Absolute mess. You either have to rip it apart and restring it, or swap to another body in a market scare in replacements. The hunching over, unable to stand straight bodies just ruin the figures. I will swap the Batgirl, Babs and WW figures to Dr. Mego bodies, almost out of necessity.

We know some of these figures have problems -- RECURRING problems when it comes to the heads -- but at least give us a usable body.
    I feel this way too. I totally support FTC because in general I like what they are doing and their commitment to these lines, but the female figures are just disheartening. I opened up Harley and was severely disappointed by the hunchback body. I'm can't see investing much more if for every female figure I have to hunt down a better made female body.
    http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by megomania
      The fact that you have to type out the first sentence is just depressing. :/

-Chris
      Couldn't agree more. So much more I could say on the whole issue of these female bodies but it just gets me irritated. HAVING to swap out bodies on a BRAND NEW figure is just not ok. I get that people choose to do it but we shouldn't even have to consider it. See? Now I'm irritated again! Thanks alot megomania!
      Last edited by lilbrosj66; May 7, '16, 1:19 PM.

Comment

• binkystarr
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 16, 2015

Wow, shes adorable. Can you post a bigger picture so we can see the face on a much larger King Kong sized scale? I wanna buy her but am curious about the face details.

Comment

• Slarivier
          • Sep 21, 2014

Oh god, that is really just awful. Has to be the biggest head yet. Hopefully the suit can be straightened out a bit, but there's nothing to do about that awful jug head. What a disappointment. I was so excited about this, given how much I loved the other SF figures.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Looks like the rest of the wave is now shipping! Exciting times!!
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              Looks like the rest of the wave is now shipping! Exciting times!!
              Looks like Super Friends 2, Batman 66 Villains, and Batman 4 are all listed as "Shipping Now" at FTC!

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by doink1
                ...i just don't understand why the female figures are so hard to make. ...
                We will never understand women.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

As a female, I don't understand why it is SO difficult either. It's almost a passive aggressive way of saying that they don't want to make them, but they have to, so they make them as badly as possible.
                  JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎