Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toycade
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 8, 2014

Not sure how EE was able to get even a few Wonder Woman. I am still being told to expect them all to begin shipping in about a week.

Comment

• blue devils
      • Jun 9, 2015

I respect everyone's opinion on this matter. I would just like to say, I am very pleased with all of my FTC purchases. Do they have flaws, yes, will they get better, who knows. But for me, they remind me of a simpler time just as the round 2 Captain Action 12 inch figures did... before they decided to go high end.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I like what I see. Am I crazy for thinking there was a SF WW that had molded hair? I could swear I saw a picture of it a while back.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jacoblb
          I like what I see. Am I crazy for thinking there was a SF WW that had molded hair? I could swear I saw a picture of it a while back.
          The last pics I saw did indeed have the molded hair, so you aren't imagining things. This may not be as cartoon accurate, but it won't interfere with head movement like the plastic hair would.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

Can the costume be pulled up and straightened out a little, maybe a less awkward pose for the figure itself? Or is that the best that you can get with the FTC body and the fit of the costume? Seems like a little effort to straighten things out would make a big difference with this figure.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by Spyweb007
              Can the costume be pulled up and straightened out a little, maybe a less awkward pose for the figure itself? Or is that the best that you can get with the FTC body and the fit of the costume? Seems like a little effort to straighten things out would make a big difference with this figure.
              The body hunches over, very difficult to pose and I agree she would have looked better in the body was straight.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

FTC female bodies are just flat out crap

Would love to see this on the Cheetah body

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I wanted to like this figure, I really did. I was a major fan of Wonder Woman when I was a teen, and I was a serious collector of the comics for at least a year.

But, unfortunately, I just cannot like this thing! It's hunched over, the head is WAY bigger than most of the other figures that have been made; including the other females, and it is just not what I want in my collection.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

I will get it, but I have a Cheetah body waiting and a sewing machine for any fit issues. Judging by how well the Batgirl costume fits that style body though, it should fit fine. I have also made a cape to help hide any Big Head issues. I'm also working on a graphic of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman cape that I could have someone print onto fabric for me.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                      I will get it, but I have a Cheetah body waiting and a sewing machine for any fit issues. Judging by how well the Batgirl costume fits that style body though, it should fit fine. I have also made a cape to help hide any Big Head issues. I'm also working on a graphic of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman cape that I could have someone print onto fabric for me. JeffBearCO
                      The fact that you have to type out the first sentence is just depressing. :/

-Chris

Comment

• doink1
                        • Jul 31, 2014

Careful. People get very sensitive here. These aren't attacks. i just don't understand why the female figures are so hard to make. Bif Bang Pow toys did a real good job with the Molded hair Dr Girlfirend. Check it out... That head is what I expected with a wonder woman super friend line. Cartooney..it can be done. And the outfit... Mattel has shown us that can be done correctly. I buy a lot of figures toy company figures but I'm holding off now. Other companies are stepping up their game in the ReMego market as well as customizers

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I've looked at it over and over and it's really not impressive. Not feeling the head sculpt, but has it really changed much from the prototype, which was not that great either?

I know a good number of us like to swap the bodies out for better ones, but the male bodies have not been that bad. All of my 1966 Batman figures are on the original bodies except Batman and Robin. But the female bodies? Absolute mess. You either have to rip it apart and restring it, or swap to another body in a market scarce in replacements. The hunching over, unable to stand straight bodies just ruin the figures. I will swap the Batgirl, Babs and WW figures to Dr. Mego bodies, almost out of necessity.

We know some of these figures have problems -- RECURRING problems when it comes to the heads -- but at least give us a usable body.
                          Last edited by TRDouble; May 11, '16, 4:05 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I completely agree with the comments/comparison regarding BBP Dr. Girlfriend and Mattel's tailoring. This isn't a very attractive offering IMO.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• doink1
                              • Jul 31, 2014

how hard is this? this would be perfect for Super Friends Wonder Woman

Comment

• alex
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 15, 2009

I prefer the molded hair as well, at least U dont start with a mess in the blister, plus it gives the head a cartoony look. I havent bought into this line, because of superman, and now this one. The rest look fantastic, so it can be done.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎