X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Romando Giant Robot

Finally finished putting together the Romando GR1 that I picked up in late March.

I thought it was going to be as easy as putting together a Medicom figure; costume slipping over articulated body. Not the case. There was quite a bit of excess plastic and rubber that had to be trimmed off. Special thanks to member Neutron X for his advice on dealing with the hard plastic pieces.

Great head sculpt on this guy. Taking him to work tomorrow where he'll protect my office when I'm not there.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

He looks great, I like the actual gussets in the "costume." Is the figure inside basically a bendy?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      He looks great, I like the actual gussets in the "costume." Is the figure inside basically a bendy?
      Thanks, and yes, the figure inside is a bendy.
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Great Job! Now all you have to do is track down GR2 and the manga version. I had considered putting wires into the fingers to get them to pose for Giant Robot but decided it was too risky for me. I like your pics too!

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

That came out great, very cool nice job

Comment

• Vermillion-Windmere
            • Oct 2, 2012

I don't even know what that is, but it looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎