X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

Jimmy Fallon's obsession with STYX song

For more than a week, Fallon has been obsessed with talking about STYX's 1981 song and video, "Too Much Time On My Hands", singing and miming the video with his band and guests. Here he is with Adam Levine:

And here is the original (and awesome) video:

• Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

So last nite he had Paul Rudd on, and they debuted this gem:

So good. And that's Paul Rudd actually singing!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Saw this on facebook. Was that JY (James Young) on guitar or was it someone that looked like him?? Love Styx...but hate whatever it is they are calling Styx these days. No Dennis DeYoung...No Styx in my opinion.

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        Saw this on facebook. Was that JY (James Young) on guitar or was it someone that looked like him?? Love Styx...but hate whatever it is they are calling Styx these days. No Dennis DeYoung...No Styx in my opinion.
        I'm sure that an actor.

I posted something similar on a friends FB page...I said "Styx does not exist w/o Dennis DeYoung" when they posted they were going to see Styx recently

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
          Dammit, Berto I love u man. I refuse to see them without deyoung. I was fortunate to see them on the return to paradise tour in 96. I'm still waiting for one of his solo shows to come around here. Favorite singer...ever
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Rudd's got a little more wiggle in his waggle than Tommy Shaw..

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Random Axe
              Dammit, Berto I love u man. I refuse to see them without deyoung. I was fortunate to see them on the return to paradise tour in 96. I'm still waiting for one of his solo shows to come around here. Favorite singer...ever
              Saw them in '91 on "The Edge Of The Century" tour and it was the first tour that started what I call "the revolving door" of members comings and goings. It was the first tour without Tommy Shaw because I think he was involved in Damn Yankees. Glenn Burtnik was his replacement. DeYoung was in fine form. After that tour is when it all started going downhill. I think JY was the main problem and still remains the main problem with whatever is left with this group. BTW, if anyone gets the chance there is a DeYoung sings Styx solo show that is on DVD that is absolutely incredible. I think that there are a lot of "classic" 70's groups that suffer from lead guitarist deuscheitis. Journey has it with Neal Schon thinking he is Journey and thinking he can get someone to replace Steve Perry. The little dude they have fronting the group is good...but it's still not Steve. Same goes for Foreigner with Mick Jones thinking he is Foreigner. I think he's the only one left from the original band. Again, you can get someone to sound like the lead singer...but they will all fall short. Lou Gramm is one of the finest voices in Rock. And the last is Boston. Scholz is the most neurotic OCD freak I've ever read about. He thought he could replace Brad Delp...are you kidding me??!!?? All 4 instances it's the lead guitarist thinking they could do it without the lead singer that put them on the map. Sad.

Comment

• MegoMonk
                Career Member
                • Jan 22, 2007

How about Angus Young? In less than 2 years AC/DC has lost Malcom, Rudd and Brian Johnson. And Angus is still touring with "AC/DC" !

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎