Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
    What places broke street date?
    None, it was released on Monday in the UK.

The US release will have some online exclusive special features for the Target edition, apparently.

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Sep 7, '16, 8:29 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

They did online special features for the Target exclusive for the Force Awakens. I hate that they're not on the disc.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
        They did online special features for the Target exclusive for the Force Awakens. I hate that they're not on the disc.
        Yeah, that annoyed me, too. Luckily those digital only featurettes will be on the disc of the upcoming 3D edition of TFA.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

That's right! I forgot about that!

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            ^If I have one complaint about the movie, it's that Ultron wasn't thrown in Tony's face enough. BUT, they were trying to do what the comics didn't, and make the split more balanced and less black and white.

I said it weeks ago, but Tony is way too into his own head for his own good. He's constantly being motivated by some emotional reaction and following headlong into it...which is how we got Ultron in the first place. He's a fascinating and very flawed hero in that respect. But by the end of this film, he's essentially the bully that Cap won't tolerate. He even whines like bully's often do when they are whupped. I thought that was very subtle and poetic.
            You may be more right about what's going on underneath than I can gather from the film.

Otherwise, I like Stark's ability and desire to play both sides (govt. AND meta-human) and abhor Cap's inability to do so based on his emotions.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

just watched it on bluray. I really loved it. well done all around. I thought the scenes with Cap dealing with Peggy dying were really well done, not too mellow dramatic and added a lot of depth to the characters. loved the fight scene at the airport. the new Spidey is fantastic. can't wait for Homecoming

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The extended Peggy funeral scenes should have been left in. Added a lot of depth to everyone involved, and made the Cap/Sharon relationship work much better.

Still making it through the other features. Some good stuff on this one, in the days where even Blu-Rays are getting VERY thin in the skin.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

one of the few scenes with Everette K Ross and Black Panther, deleted from the movie. Hopefully they will have much more interaction in the Black Panther movie, more along the lines of their relationship in the comics.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

What bugged me most about Stark is he won't forgive Bucky for killing his mom but seems none too concerned about him killing Howard Stark. At least,that's how I see it.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I think they sort of implied that Tony gravitated more towards his mother, whereas there was friction between him and his father. Also, Tony's mom was an innocent casualty, while Howard worked with SHIELD and accepted the risks inherent with that. Also, the line "He killed my mom." Really has emotional weight. I think they made the proper choice in hitting the right emotional beats with that.

Funny thing is, the more I watch the film, the more I shift from siding with Cap to siding with Stark. But then I go back.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Sure but why have the scene at the start of the movie where Tony pretty much has regrets about not saying good-bye to his father? If they had stuck to that at the end,I think I would have felt more to be on his side.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hedji
                              Funny thing is, the more I watch the film, the more I shift from siding with Cap to siding with Stark. But then I go back.
                              I have that same "problem" and like you, I initially felt I would side with Cap. Maybe that is what makes it such a great story.

I wish real life "issues" could have the "You know, I can honestly see why you feel this way, but right now, I have to come down on the side of (X). And thank you for being invested enough to realize the issue has layers, rather than automatically resorting to the "you're an uncaring, uneducated moron" attack."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎