Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I respect your opinion Brue, but I disagree on every level. But hey, that's what opinions are for.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

^^^^ ditto on that. Much respect but disagree. Fan faith doesn't have most loving the movie. If that were true than BvS would have been a mega hit. The movie have a lot going for it obviously.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Well said! I'd be more inclined to blindly love a DC film...and yet I can't.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Well said! I'd be more inclined to blindly love a DC film...and yet I can't.

Chris
          Part of the reason behind that is because DC/WB has yet to make a comics-based film really since Superman II that you could blindly love. Granted, the MARVEL Universe and the DC Universe are two entirely separate beasts, but whereas the minds and talents behind the MCU have found a way to, at least partially, transfer the magic from the printed page to the silver screen, DC and the suits at WB haven't found that formula as of yet.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Still have not seen it...looking more and more like a Rebox rental for me down the line.

I'm just not getting that spark...Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 left a sour note for me...I truly hated those two flicks, more so than Batman v Superman.

I like Evans/Captain America...but Downey/Iron Man gets on my friggin nerves.

If Cap wins, I'll check it out...

But if Iron Man ends up winning here...I'm going to commit seppuku...I swear...

PM me for those specific spoilers if you don't mind...I wanna know right now.

sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Part of the reason behind that is because DC/WB has yet to make a comics-based film really since Superman II that you could blindly love. Granted, the MARVEL Universe and the DC Universe are two entirely separate beasts, but whereas the minds and talents behind the MCU have found a way to, at least partially, transfer the magic from the printed page to the silver screen, DC and the suits at WB haven't found that formula as of yet.
              They are different beasts but all DC has to do is get the right director and install a little fun, drop the all gloom and doom crap. Keep the action they have going but make their heroes likable. What made Christopher Reeve so great was people actually admired the hero the played. He was the All-American red white and blue hero everyone knew. After all fun is what made comic books ...... well fun. It's not the difference in DC and Marvel heroes but how they are played and portrayed. Yes, I'm a Marvel guy but still my all time #2 hero movie is Superman the Movie.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Reeve's Superman is alive and well...as Captain America as played by Chris Evans.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It's funny, I've all but given up on fully enjoying a cinematic version of my favorite hero, Batman. But I can rewatch Superman I, The Phantom, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Ant-Man over and over. Those films work for me on serveral levels. Daredevil (Director's Cut) is close, too.

But maybe I have too much invested in Batman, IDK.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector

Yeah he gets on Captain America's nerves in this movie as well. You should go see it!

Did you like Winter Soldier at all? Similar.... but different from this one. Even with all of the characters it a pretty well balanced movie, plenty of popcorn scenes, but that's not a bad thing.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                      Still have not seen it...looking more and more like a Rebox rental for me down the line.

I'm just not getting that spark...Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 left a sour note for me...I truly hated those two flicks, more so than Batman v Superman.

If Cap wins, I'll check it out...

But if Iron Man ends up winning here...I'm going to commit seppuku...I swear...

PM me for those specific spoilers if you don't mind...I wanna know right now.

Cap wins in every way

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Reeve's Superman is alive and well...as Captain America as played by Chris Evans.

Chris
                        Makes me wonder if Evans could pull off Superman. Now THAT would be interesting...
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                          Yeah he gets on Captain America's nerves in this movie as well. You should go see it!

Did you like Winter Soldier at all? Similar.... but different from this one. Even with all of the characters it a pretty well balanced movie, plenty of popcorn scenes, but that's not a bad thing.
                          Winter Soldier was pretty good, yes.
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I don't know why but it's bugging me you won't see it Hector.

If I lived closer, i'd kidnap you and take you to the movies.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                              Makes me wonder if Evans could pull off Superman. Now THAT would be interesting...
                              Cavill is a good actor...but Snyder is slowing destroying him...you can bet the bank...he would've done the same to Evans.

Evans could've pulled off Supes...but again...Snyder would've messed his acting up too.

Here you go, Supes and Cap...

Last edited by Hector; May 24, '16, 7:14 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                                I don't know why but it's bugging me you won't see it Hector.

If I lived closer, i'd kidnap you and take you to the movies.
                                If you buy me popcorn and soda...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎