Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
    Have not seen the flick yet.

Signed, jealous and disgruntled DC fan...

You're not alone, brother...!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      You're not alone, brother...!
      Hear, hear!
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

You're denying yourself the experience of watching a fantastic comic book-based film. The company lines really don't matter to me anymore. If you put out good product, you deserve support. If it's crap, you don't.

And all you have to do is look at my house and know I've traditionally been a bigger DC guy. But DC has never been more adrift than it is right now.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I agree. I'm a die-hard DC fan and very selective of any film I see first-run. I consider seeing this one money well-spent.

It's intelligently written, and the action set-pieces are balanced by great characterization. Isn't that what most fans would want in a comic, too?

The airport face-off seems like it just leapt off the page. Don't forego this film just because DC is fumbling both its comics and films.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector

Wow, sports team rivalry in fandom? Come on man, don't drink that Kool Aid, enjoy entertainment where you find it. Treat Yo self!
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

Well said in the last 3 posts!!!! Go and have a great time. I assure you that you will!!!!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Don't listen to 'em, Hector! It's a trap!
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Part of it is jealousy, yes, I admit it.

Man, I was so crushed by Batman v Superman. As I was waiting in a looooooong gigantic in its first Thursday opening night, saying to myself..."this is going to be the first of multiple viewings from me, I cannot wait, this movie is going to rock..."

Well, pipe dreams, saw it only once, and have been planning on breaking Zack Snyder's bathroom window while he's taking a cr*p ever since then, lol...

It even shut down my desire to buy the Batman v Superman Hot Toys. Although I'm still tempted getting Wonder Woman, her brief appearance was the only awesome moment (again, brief) in that dark somber claustrophobic movie.

Now here comes shining brightness...fun, fun, fun...colorful...great action, humor...in Captain America: Civil War...

I don't like this Earth 1...I wanna move to Earth 2, where DC movies trash Marvel movies...

That, plus I've been binge watching Game of Thrones, lol.

Avengers 2 did leave a bad taste in my mouth though...still reeling from that experience.

But, no hate for Marvel here, it's just jealousy. I absolutely loved Deadpool, that friggin rocked.

I'll eventually see it, maybe after I finished watching Game of Thrones...I'm halfway through season four now...ha...

Go Captain America! Sorry, Iron Man fans, I hate Tony Stark...

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

I finally saw it. I liked it a lot. BUT I did not love it. The reason for Tony's position is weak (just like the comic version). The bad guy's motive is weak. His comic to screen adaptation was poor. Overall though it was fun to see all the characters and all the action, there just wasn't anything that really made me feel a connection or WOW factor. Of the 4 previous Capt America/Avengers movies this was the weakest. I keep seeing memes that this was better than Batman v Superman -I have to disagree.

Looking forward to Spider-man.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

According to Disney, it has crossed the Billion dollar mark.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

A smart, well-crafted movie doing well like this does my heart good...whether it's a comic-based film or not.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ And I STILL haven't gotten a chance to see it! Ughhh...

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Brue on the money.

Originally posted by Brue
                              I finally saw it. I liked it a lot. BUT I did not love it. The reason for Tony's position is weak (just like the comic version). The bad guy's motive is weak. His comic to screen adaptation was poor. Overall though it was fun to see all the characters and all the action, there just wasn't anything that really made me feel a connection or WOW factor. Of the 4 previous Capt America/Avengers movies this was the weakest. I keep seeing memes that this was better than Batman v Superman -I have to disagree.

Looking forward to Spider-man.

Comment

• Brue
                                User without title
                                • Sep 29, 2005

My wife hadn't seen it. She wanted to see it tonight.

I thought I might like it better on a second viewing.

No.

This movie has made a billion dollars because it is a not awful movie in a franchise that has faithful viewers based on great movies -not because it is good.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎