Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Since CA:CW is already opening in some parts of the world, and apparently both the mid-credits and final credits scenes have "leaked" online, I figured I would go ahead and create new threads for reviews and discussion of what could be MARVEL Studios best film yet. Use this thread if you want to post reviews/info that DOES NOT CONTAIN SPOILERS.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

does the scarlet witch get a costume in this because elizabeth olsen said to go to the toilet it took 30 mins to get the outfit offbut in the avengers film she only wore a skirt and leather jacket.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

maybe it has nothing to do with the clothes she wears ,maybe she's constipated lol

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

^ Oh...WOW!!!! This is going to be fun!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Saw it today... Wow, this movie is packed with cool stuff.
            Definitely another winner in the MCU's growing catalogue.

In many ways it's Avengers 3 in all but name, as Tony gets as much screen time as Steve, and the other heroes all feature very prominently.

Anyone who was having doubts about the new Spidey can rest assured that this interpretation of the character is great... it's easily my favourite movie version of Spidey... from the costume to the way the kid plays him.

Acting is top notch, too. Evans and Downey Jr. in particular give compelling performances.

Ant-Man is used really well in this film, and people are really going to love Black Panther.

Stick around for two "codas"... one mid credits and one post credits.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

I do love that Panther mask. I'm guessing the edging is from a newer design, but it reminds me of Kirby's look from his Jungle Action run.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

Saw it last night and loved it. Not sure I like it as much as WS, but there's not much between the two really (for me personally).
                Loved Tom Holland as Parker AND Spidey. The way he was introduced and the first meeting between him and Stark was awesome.
                The whole Black Panther costume is just too cool.

Got a bit emotional and felt really sorry for Tony Stark.

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

Saw it today, its not as good as Winter Soldier which was a damn near perfect film but it has a lot a of fast paced action. Spidey and Panther are the winners in this movie. Both showcased very well.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Glad we're hearing good things about this. I don't know that anything can be as good as WINTER SOLDIER was. It had pretty much the perfect blend of super-heroics, spies, subterfuge, humour, action and carnage. But this does appear that it's going to be a rollicking good time. A question to those of you who have seen it: approaching it purely from a directorial point of view as well as interaction between characters, does it feel like the Russo Bros. are going to be able to pull off INFINITY WAR? I've loved all the stuff they've directed, but I don't know if they've ever done something that's going to be the sheer epic scale that INFINITY WAR is going to have to be...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• daz71
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2014

i thought it was pretty good ,still prefer deadpool but not bad.panther and spidey costumes were really nice.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                        A question to those of you who have seen it: approaching it purely from a directorial point of view as well as interaction between characters, does it feel like the Russo Bros. are going to be able to pull off INFINITY WAR? I've loved all the stuff they've directed, but I don't know if they've ever done something that's going to be the sheer epic scale that INFINITY WAR is going to have to be...
                        Having seen the film twice now, I am confident that they'll be able to pull off Infinity War.
                        As an example, they've handled the whole multiple character dynamic in a far more effective way than Singer ever managed in his X-Men films, for starters.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                          Having seen the film twice now, I am confident that they'll be able to pull off Infinity War.
                          As an example, they've handled the whole multiple character dynamic in a far more effective way than Singer ever managed in his X-Men films, for starters.
                          Excellent! Really glad to hear this. They always excelled at the episodes of COMMUNITY they directed, which were always ensemble pieces, just not with super-powers, mad titans or outer space! LOL!

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Can't wait to see it...

It only opened in third place in Japan...but American superhero flicks have never done that great there...Japanese audiences are not much into our superheroes.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Black Panther looks awesome...he was owning Buckey in that clip...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎