Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I saw this last night for the first time... hated it.

not scary
    bad special effects
    terrible ending.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

So I finally got to see this one; and if you haven't then stop reading 'cos I'm gonna spoiler all over it.

Nyah!

Overall I thought it was okay. It's a B-Movie in the classic sense of the word. And having seen it I'm reminded a LOT of the Living Land from the TORG RPG. Anyone know when the original story was written? I suspect one inspired the other.

The characters weren't too bad for B-Movie victims; but they sorta introduced the conflicts really abruptly. "Y'all think yer soooo smart with that fancy schoolin'..." WHERE did that come from?!?!? Sure, it's importanrt for the story later on, but apparently this town has been a seething cauldron of rage, tension and hate for some time. Characters went off on each other for the smallest things. (And then sort of forgave each other rather abruptly too.)

God-Bespoke Jane there was pretty irritating, which I guess she was SUPPOSED to be; but I would have liked it better if someone had reasoned with her. Or debated things on her terms and made some headway. ("If you're so holy how come you're here with us?") The biker guy SORT of did, but I'm kinda tired of all the chest thumping you see in movies any more. And ultimately it's pretty easy to see the holes in her thinking. I would have liked it if; even for a second, we the audience could have agreed with her. Woulda put more of an edge on things.

I didn't mind the ending. I get tired of there being some sort of reprieve at the end of this sort of film. Sure it was a bummer; but then again so was the whole movie! It's a horror film, that's how it works. Although the one person who was completely selfless (that being the woman who left in the beginning to save her kids) did okay, so maybe there's some sort of moral there. (We never did find out what happened to the neighbor though.)

The monsters were okay, but then again I liked 'em fine when I first played TORG.

Don C.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

This Movie is on Sale at Target this Week for like 9bucks.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎