X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

New Book Project: Mall of Justice

It seems fitting that on the site's tenth birthday to announce my second book. After the wonderful experience and success of Rack Toys, I am ready to start on Mall of Justice : Recollections of Meeting our Heroes.

Mall of Justice is a love letter to the sensational personal appearances of our comic book, TV, movie and toy icons during the 1970s and 80s.

Whether it's Adam West at a car show, He-Man at a Toys R Us opening or an ersatz Chewbacca at a stereo store, Mall of Justice melds vintage photos with childhood recollection of these epic meetings.

While I will design and eventually publish the book (via PlaidStallions Press), it's a project we can all get involved with!

How you can get involved:I'm looking for your photos and your recollections! Even if you've submitted them to the site before, I would likely need higher resolution and I'd want to talk to you.

What am i looking for: Appearances of costumed characters during the 1970s and 80s, be they from comic books (Batman, the Hulk) , cartoons (, toy lines (Masters of the Universe, GI Joe) or movies (Planet of the Apes, Star Wars) , a date and place and a description of how you felt meeting these iconic characters. Did you think they were real?

Does it have to specifically be in a mall:
    HECK NO! Car shows, county fairs, grocery stores, heck I'd even accept birthday party shots. It's all fair game.

Download the PDF Concept booklet for Mall of Justice Here.

Download a PDF Here.

Check out a Little Flip Book Here.

Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you'll share your experiences with me!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Sounds fun! Will amusement parks be included, too? I've very fond memories of the DC Comics water-ski show at Sea World Ohio.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Sounds great!
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I just took my 1.5 year old nephew to his first DC Superhero promotion where Barnes & Nobles had there employees dress as DC character for the Batman vs Superman promotion. I was surprised that he didn't scream but he took pics with the characters while wearing his batman/superman outfit.

P.S. I will have to buy two of these books.

P.S.S. It is a shame that it is photos taken in the 70's or 80's, I have a great photos at the 2004 Tx BatCon (Wally's last time in costume).
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 21, '16, 11:54 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! Sounds like a really fun project.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

This is a great idea. I would totally read that book!

I had a friend who was an amusement park mascot, and it seems that the folks in the suit always have some great stories. It would be cool if you could track down any of the "performers" from back in the day.

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

It really sounds fun, and I'm insanely jealous of any of you who have had these experiences. I have never seen "super heroes" making personal appearances of any kind when I was a kid or even a teenager. The closest I've come is 1) meeting Miss Louise and Mr. Doo Bee in Central Park in NYC, and 2) seeing the tail end of Henry Winkler's personal appearance at Gimbel's in NYC (no he was not in Fonz attire). But the book sounds like a cool idea Brian. I know I love seeing those threads here in MM.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Meeting the Romper Room crew sounds awesome to me.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

That is awesome Brian! Count me among your first buyers.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

That's really going to be off the hook!!!! there's nothing even close to something like that out there now.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎