Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weshightower21
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 16, 2011

Let me start by saying that Prince could play anything and everything and was a true Artist but lets keep it 100. The guy overdosed a week ago and needed a shot of Narcan to bring him back. He was told to stay at the hospital but refused when he couldn't have a private room. I'm not saying this is all true but I'm afraid it's all gonna come out. This is 2016 not 1816 and most people don't die from the flu.

Comment

• jimbutsu
      Memory *is* RAM!
      • Apr 11, 2002

Oh, I don't think it's disputed at this point that something was up with how he died.
      "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by jimbutsu
        Oh, I don't think it's disputed at this point that something was up with how he died.
        I'd reserve judgement until the details come out.

Prince marched to the beat of his own drum and he lived the gimmick. Stage presences is so important for any entertainer and he definitely was one of the best.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
          Career Member
          • Jan 13, 2009

Last night in Charlotte. My own video. Not sure if it will show... Buffett closing with Prince.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

To me, it sounds like a combination of someone pushing his body too hard when he was supposed to be sick in bed, and taking too many pills to stay on his feet. If you have a really bad case of the flu, and you neglect it, keep ignoring the signs, you can crash and burn. Your body can only take so much.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              To me, it sounds like a combination of someone pushing his body too hard when he was supposed to be sick in bed, and taking too many pills to stay on his feet. If you have a really bad case of the flu, and you neglect it, keep ignoring the signs, you can crash and burn. Your body can only take so much.
              Pretty sure in this case "flu" was the same as "exhaustion", words publicists use to describe issues with celebs that generally translate into something else. The fact that he received an opiate "save shot" at the time of his "flu" would seem to confirm this..

Comment

• Thor
                Thunder God
                • Dec 17, 2009

I still can't believe it. I've been a Prince fan since I was a small child. It kind of feel like a close relative died.
                sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• daz71
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2014

there is no mention of flu in the newspapers the last few days just long term use of opiates and amphetamines.lots about hillbilly heroin.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                    Memory *is* RAM!
                    • Apr 11, 2002

Just got back from a showing of Purple Rain at a local theater - are they doing this elsewhere in the country?
                    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by jimbutsu
                      Just got back from a showing of Purple Rain at a local theater - are they doing this elsewhere in the country?
                      Yes they are

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

It's already been on tv on different stations, he definitely was one of a kind, his presence will be missed
                        but his music will always live on thru his fans all over the world.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

For anyone that didn't catch Bruno Mars playing "Let's Go Crazy" in a Grammy's tribute to Prince, here it is. It's awesome.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎