Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Another horrible and irreplaceable loss after Bowie. Words just fail.

He could tear it up on a whole run of instruments… compose, record, mix, master and push the purple-punk-funk to the planet. Incredible multi-genre and generational performance artist.

Spinnin' the Paisley Park Miles Davis Sessions and Black Album all day… F!!!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Heard this news from MIB41 just before coming into work today. Prince's passage seems to have created an almost palpable haze of sadness and shock over most of the people I work with since we are all similar in age and all listened to Prince's wide array of music and styles. He was definitely a man who took music by the horns and made it his own, no matter what the genre or style. His presence will be sorely missed. Prayers and condolences go out to his family, friends and his legion of fans all across the world. RIP, Prince, you and your amazing talents will truly be missed....
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hobub
        Ghost of a Dead Indian
        • Jun 18, 2001

Wow I just found this online.

The Carver County Sheriff's Office released a full transcript of the 911 call made after the iconic musician Prince fell unconscious in an elevator at his Paisley Park property.

Comment

• binkystarr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 16, 2015

Im very grief stricken, how can this be? https://my.mail.ru/mail/alex-enm/vid...79/200763.html
          This is very sad day indeed, Vanity and now Prince...RIP my Purple Prince prince13.jpg

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Truly sad. I never saw him in concert, but I saw Purple Rain. I have the 1999 album, and the 45 of Let's Go Crazy. And I did listen to lots of his songs on the radio. I loved the song "Love Sign". What a shame. RIP Prince.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• binkystarr
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 16, 2015

Been a fan since 1982 and am beyond words, im very sad. Heres a link to one of his concerts in case you are interestedhttps://my.mail.ru/mail/alex-enm/video/115279/200763.html

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 30, 2012

David Bowie, Glenn Frey, and now Prince. Then again, the older we get the more of these icons from our youths we'll be losing. 57 is way too young. RIP and condolences to his family, friends, and fans. Can imagine there's an awesome jam session going on the afterlife right now.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                    I'd say he was more than a decent guitarist. He could play any style, and play it excellently. It's not something he became famous for, but he was a virtuoso on that thing.

Crazy news.
                    Safe to say that his guitar skills rivaled Hendrix and his keyboard skills rivaled Steve Winwood, Little Richard, Billy Joel, Elton John, and Stevie Wonder.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

My wife and I were just talking about him, how he seemed to just make his music without having an OTT personal life, not so excessive like many.
                      It's terrible that he died this young, but what is a consolation, is that he managed to fully express himself in his art. He truly fulfilled his potential, which is amazing. Maybe 57 glorious years are better than 80 years of unrealized potential and frustration. He showed the world who he was, without compromise, always with the highest quality in mind, but with a certain modesty and respect. And that, is truly classy.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jimbutsu
                        Memory *is* RAM!
                        • Apr 11, 2002

It's pretty amazing around Minneapolis right now... Thursday night just about every downtown location that had lights that could change color were shining purple, including the lights on the I-35 bridge over the Mississippi River. First Avenue had an all-night dance party, and about 10,000 people flooded the streets overnight. I haven't heard a single report of any incident or problem from when that happened.

The local public/indie station he had a really good relationship with is playing a 26-hour marathon of everything they have of his from Friday night into Saturday night that's been on in the house most all the day so far. A bunch of local theaters are showing Purple Rain over the next few days... All the lights at the little recreation area/amusement park in the Mall of America are Purple and the canned music there is all Prince.

This is all just the stuff I know about - I'm sure there's even more going on.
                        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

That's awesome.
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

Springsteen opened his show last nite with an excellent Prince tribute..

Comment

• jimbutsu
                              Memory *is* RAM!
                              • Apr 11, 2002

Oh, man... that is so awesome.
                              "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Damn. That was just---awesome.
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎