X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

glueing fabric

i want to glue 2 different coloured pieces of fabric together.in the past i've tried fabric glue and super glue but it seeps through and leaves a dark mark ,would glue dots work or is double sided sticky tape any good for this kind of thing.
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

I've had some luck with Elmer's spray glue,& pressing it; but better results with two-sided iron-on material (sold in fabric shops...it's a light-weight white material)

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Glue sticks can work well depending on the kind of fabric, but you do want to make sure you don't spread it on too thick or you can get some bleed through. UHU was always the best at this, but it's getting hard to find.

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

i'll try all these' thanks i think my local pound shop sells uhu.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I don't like gluing fabric, it's an OCD thing with me. It never seems permanent in my mind, and it can be stiff. That said, try:

1. Aileen's, thinned with a little water and applied with a flat artist's brush. This can be good for reattaching emblems, too and the brush gives precise, clean application.

2. I like Heat-n-Bond iron-on adhesive: you can use it to join fabrics and apply trims and emblems. It can be cut to very precise shapes, and is not so subject to age and humidity as glues. Has the advantage of not bleeding (unless you over-heat or over-press it). Not great on very heavy fabrics, and if you're using it on synthetic fabrics, you'll need to use a pressing cloth.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

that sounds good i am going to be using it on lycra.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎