Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoApes74
    • Jun 11, 2007

M-16 question for POTA line

Does is it matter if the M16 rifles are the hard plastic ones or soft plastic ones to complete the figure. I had to replace a few of my ape ones because the string was either broken or not original string. The replacements were original, but most of them were the hard plastic M-16's for Action Jackson.

Best,
    Rob
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by MegoApes74
    Does is it matter if the M16 rifles are the hard plastic ones or soft plastic ones to complete the figure. I had to replace a few of my ape ones because the string was either broken or not original string. The replacements were original, but most of them were the hard plastic M-16's for Action Jackson.

Best,
    Rob
    I did not realize this as well until recently, It seems that the Hard Plastic were produced for AJ and the Soft Plastic fro the POTA Line

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like the styrene ones better--since I usually collect loose figures, I put AJ rifles with my gorillas.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I've been told the soft plastic ones favor the Apes but it's not a law written in stone - so I think you're good either way

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

It matters if you're going for complete accessory accuracy in your collection.
          Some (minor) debate (always some mystery in the Mego world!) still exists, but it seems most Apes collectors agree on this:

1. US (Mego) / UK (Bradgate/Palitoy/Bravelli) - soft plastic / waffle grips
          2. Canada (Parkdale Novelty Playsets) - hard plastic / non-waffle grips
          3. Mexico (Cipsa) - soft plastic & hard plastic (verified in Treehouse Playset) / non-waffle grips
          4. Japan (Bullmark) - hard plastic / waffle grips (confirmed recently in this thread: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Bullmark-Apes)
          Last edited by Confessional; Aug 4, '16, 5:38 PM. Reason: …apeintelwikileakz!

Comment

• MegoApes74
            • Jun 11, 2007

So it seems like I am good, as long as it's not a repro rifle.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by MegoApes74
              So it seems like I am good, as long as it's not a repro rifle.

yes

POTA Rule the Planet
              Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
              :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
              I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• scifiguy94
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2009

Which M-16's come with the US packaged POTA Treehouse - soft/waffle grips?

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yes.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

I remember one of the last Soldier Apes I bought (at Wards IIRC) came with a hard plastic rifle... I remember that because I was ticked when the rifle's tip (barrel) snapped off...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎