Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone of you play with "Playmobil"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grüner Pfeil
    Teen Titan
    • Feb 21, 2016

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing these great memories with me.
    For the members who grew up in the UK: You had some really cool foreign "Playpeople" sets - especially the police sets with policemen figures wearing the iconic bobby hats but also a castle and a hospital made of cardboard.
    Playmobil was always a part of my very happy childhood. I played almost everyday with it.
    But I also collect the special figures like HardyGirl and the sets of the seventies. I think the western sets were the best with the fort and all the other western buildings.
    If you'd like me to show some of my 70s Playmobil just let me know. I will be happy to build some nice dioramas for you when I have some time. Maybe at the weekend.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

you know, I think I had some of the construction sets too. I remember the hard hats they came with and the tools. it realty is a great and imaginative line. just not so readily available in the states and when you do find it, it is very expensive

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I always wanted Playmobil; I still like looking at the sets and their aesthetic. I was particularly interested in the medieval sets.

But they were just too expensive, and when I started noticing them, I was already a bit too old for them.

Mostly what Pngwynne said. I had legos but never Playmobil. I liked them (and my mom liked them as well, she thought they looked great ), but they were just too much money. I do remember everyone else around me seemed to have had them back then

***I take what I said back. I think I did have a small figure set of Cowboys and Indians, this would have been the late 70's or very early 80's
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Allie Fox
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 1, 2009

My son really wanted to get into Playmobil when he was 6-7 years old but there was nowhere locally to get them and the few places we did see them were not consistent in the themes they carried. He loved the few Roman Legion sets he got but could not expand on it because of lack of availability.

Lego sets on the other hand are much easier to find and keep up with. Especially Lego City theme.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

I wasn't but my kid is!
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

I was in southern Indiana when I was a kid and I know that I saw and had Playmobile purchased for me locally. I'm almost certain that, at that point in time, it was sold in toy stores or some of the department stores toy departments. If we would have had to buy it at specialty stores or at some out of the way place, I wouldn't have owned any Playmobile product.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

I did but not much
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Before Star Wars, there was Fisher Price, for me, for the Playmobil kind of thing. A few friends had Playmobil stuff though. Undeniably a part of Generation X's childhoods, even if not a dominating one in it's given genre.

That said: These days I scour Ebay for parts from Playmobil playsets----most notably, "bases". I do this because the Playmobil playsets (utilized the right way) make good backdrops for my smaller sized action figures.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

I didn't really have any Playmobil save a for a couple figures. I'll echo more of the same about having only gotten few as child back when McDonalds included them with Happy Meals. When I think of toys from Happy Meals of my youth I tend to remember the Little Golden Books and Playmobil. Happy Meals of today aren't really interesting. I think the last time I was collecting figures from Happy Meals it was for the occasional Despicable Me/Minion and Smurf figures.

I think it's really cool that Playmobil finally considered doing licensed toys. I've seen the Dr Who figures they're doing. When I'm at TRU I try to look at the Playmobil isle. I don't buy anything, but I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with their Pirate sets and whatnot. The only Playmobil figures I own now are from flea markets and the Lego-like blind bags when offered on clearance.

Comment

• JRT!
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Sep 6, 2015

It's Playmobil,not Playmobile. lol! Makes me think of something TOTALLY different if you add an e,lol! I have ONE figure that a friend in the UK gave me in February this year. But I saw some really fun sets while in the UK,but my friend still collects the stuff. I never really got into it. Only once did I actually want some,when they did the space stuff. That was cool!

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                        Teen Titan
                        • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by jacoblb
                        I didn't really have any Playmobil save a for a couple figures. I'll echo more of the same about having only gotten few as child back when McDonalds included them with Happy Meals. When I think of toys from Happy Meals of my youth I tend to remember the Little Golden Books and Playmobil. Happy Meals of today aren't really interesting. I think the last time I was collecting figures from Happy Meals it was for the occasional Despicable Me/Minion and Smurf figures.

I think it's really cool that Playmobil finally considered doing licensed toys. I've seen the Dr Who figures they're doing. When I'm at TRU I try to look at the Playmobil isle. I don't buy anything, but I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with their Pirate sets and whatnot. The only Playmobil figures I own now are from flea markets and the Lego-like blind bags when offered on clearance.
                        Are they really doing Dr Who? So far, I haven't seen it here. It would be pretty cool if they'd do something licensed like Lego or so but I can't remind they did in the last 42 years. I just wonder: WHY didn't they?

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                          Teen Titan
                          • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by JRT!
                          It's Playmobil,not Playmobile. lol! Makes me think of something TOTALLY different if you add an e,lol! I have ONE figure that a friend in the UK gave me in February this year. But I saw some really fun sets while in the UK,but my friend still collects the stuff. I never really got into it. Only once did I actually want some,when they did the space stuff. That was cool!
                          If you mean the space stuff they made in the early eighties, yes this is really great. I like these sets but I don't know why I don't own any of these.
                          There was a big Space Station and many futuristic vehicles and robots. Imagine if you'd own the entire line!

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
                            Teen Titan
                            • Feb 21, 2016

For the guys who are interested: In Argentina, Playmobil is produced in the same way and with the same molds than in the 70s. Even today and it is still sold!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎