Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman T2 with plastic snaps and black plastic pelvis.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Batman T2 with plastic snaps and black plastic pelvis.

Was just wondering if any member could date this variation. He is all complete and all original.

The questions I have, is could this be one of the last ones made, and are the plastic snaps variation any rarer than the traditional metal snap variety. Also have never seen one with black pelvis. Is this common on the later figures. Thanks.
  • josephcardone
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 10, 2010

Hope all is well!

It is a later variation and rarer than the metal snap version. I think the black pelvis is common on later figures. There a bunch of other colors for the pelvis (as well) that were issued later on.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Many thanks Joseph. Hope all is well with you.

Thought it would have been one of the later one's.

Best of luck with the sale of your removable mask Robin. What a beauty!!!! Don't see many of those come up for sale. Still looking for a FF Riddler!

Comment

• josephcardone
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 10, 2010

I wish I had an extra to sell you I am still keeping my eye out for you!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Wouldn't this have been a post-1979 version? Like the ones TRU pushed in the early '80s? They have dark-blue capes and problems with the heads degrading if I recall correctly. The suit is softer knit and lighter gray.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

The heads/masks on the later releases also have a darker blue color to them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, I think those are the ones that get really oily, you can rub the paint right off of them.

I'm trying to recall if I've seen that with Capt. Americas, too.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎