X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Re-Mego Hanna-Barbera Heroes

With the new comic book Future Quest coming out soon and the fact that Warner want to create an Hanna-Barbera Animated Universe and the fact that FTC stated that they were going to release Re-Mego of the Hanna-Barbera characters. I wanted this growing up in the 70's. I would have loved to have had Space Ghost team-up with Batman, Superman teaming up with Mightor or Samson, Teen Titans teaming up with Teen Force or even Aquaman meets with Moby Dick or Jaberjaw.

Looking back, there really has not been alot of figures release for the HBH. Afew got released in the past but the sizes never really fit in together or with any other figures. So with the Re-Megoes coming out just who do you want to see??

Space Ghost
    Herculoids
    Birdman
    Blue Falcon & Dynomutt
    Galaxy Trio
    Impossibles
    Jana of the Jungle
    Mighty Mightor
    Shazzan
    Samson & Goliath
    Teen Force
    Thundarr the Barbarian
    Galtar and the Golden Lance
    Frankenstien Jr.
    Jonny Quest

As far as Jonny Quest goes I would like to see the original version get released with Jonny and Hadji in the smaller figure and then add in The New Adventures of Jonny Quest in the teen titans size figures.

I am also wondering just how many of Scooby-Doo's family they would release?

I for one will not collect the non-heroes of Hanna-Barbera but I understand there is a demand for them. Who would you like to get?
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Shazzan would be incredibly cool done in the 12" or 18" size to go with 8" scale figures.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Oh please dear God, no Scrappy Doo! I HATED that dog! Even more than his uncle.

It wasn't even Scooby's fault, but he was just so UGLY aside from being a coward that I couldn't like him!

Scrappy was Henery Hawk in the form of a dog. Really, REALLY unlikable.
      JediJaida

Comment

• zaphod
        • Dec 19, 2011

My top choice:

Dick Dastardly and Muttley

Another I would like to see: Penelope Pitstop

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

If they ever do dastardly and muttley .i would love the mean machine .always loved that car

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I am so happy to see Space Ghost along with Jana and Jace coming out along with Jonny Quest. More figures from the new Comic Book series Force Quest!

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

I'm weird, but I'm also an English teacher, so I'm still hoping for figures of the Three Musketeers, The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (with a Ted Cassidy-based Injun Joe), and, especially, Cyrano de Bergerac.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                I'm weird, but I'm also an English teacher, so I'm still hoping for figures of the Three Musketeers, The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (with a Ted Cassidy-based Injun Joe), and, especially, Cyrano de Bergerac.
                Interesting choices. Has there ever been any Three Musketeer figures of any kind before? or Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn?

Comment

• blue devils
                  • Jun 9, 2015

I would love for them to make all of the Wacky Racers characters and all of Dastardly and Muttly in there flying machines!

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    Interesting choices. Has there ever been any Three Musketeer figures of any kind before? or Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn?
                    As figures, no to Tom & Huck (there was a figurine of Huck made, along with Mark Twain, in the 1980s). The Musketeers film from the 1990s got bendable figures.
                    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                      As figures, no to Tom & Huck (there was a figurine of Huck made, along with Mark Twain, in the 1980s). The Musketeers film from the 1990s got bendable figures.
                      Interesting that such a long lived property has never gotten the action figures treatment. Aren't the Musketeers at least generally considered public domain? I mean, seriously, a cult film like Resevoir Dogs gets at least two lines I know of, and some of the most recognized characters in modern culture never got anything outside some bendies?

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

love to see the herculoids!

Comment

• Falstaff13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                          Interesting that such a long lived property has never gotten the action figures treatment. Aren't the Musketeers at least generally considered public domain? I mean, seriously, a cult film like Resevoir Dogs gets at least two lines I know of, and some of the most recognized characters in modern culture never got anything outside some bendies?
                          I certainly agree. I'm surprised in the 1970s, with Mego making the Knights and Robin Hood, that they didn't also make a set of Musketeers (same costume works for all; change the coloring for Ivanhoe, Robin Hood, and King Arthur/Wild Bill, and you've got 3 of the 4--maybe use a Wyatt Earp head on the "fat" body for Porthos, and you're set). This would have even hit around the time the Salkind films (with Michael York, Oliver Reed, et al), so there was definitely some currency, even if those films weren't 100% kid-friendly.

I should add that Papo has produced figurines, but we all know those aren't as fun as action figures!
                          Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

What I am curious about are they going to do the animal sidekicks?

* Jonny Quest - Bandit
                            * Blue Falcon - Dynomutt
                            * Birdman - Avengers
                            * Herculoids - Zok, Igoo, Tundro, Gloop, Gleep
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Sadly, I think the best we can hope for from Herculoids is the three human characters. THe others would be great to have, but each would need a one use mold and be pretty big and expensive. Now, mind you, if they did some rotocast (hollow) figures with limited articulation, I'd be satisfied, and would be willing to pay a premium for said figures (I'd be strapped to find proper room for them, likely, but I'd do it somehow). I just don't know if the property is popular enough to support such a big investment in tooling. It would be an amazing set, though...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎