X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Gumby01
    I didn't want to start a new thread, and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else.

It looks like Wendy and Marvin are coming...

http://plasticmemorial.blogspot.com/...y-reveals.html
    Yeah! Thanks for sharing! You made my weekend!

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
      Wonder Dog needs to be included just like Bandit needs to be included with the Johnny Quest figures...if not,that is FTC cheapening out AGAIN!
      You're so full of positive ...

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

I am guessing if FTC is making Scooby Doo, Wonder Dog may be a predictable surprise.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Not the greatest translation to 3D, but not bad. Going with molded hair for Wendy is fine, but it should have been easier to get it on model, and it's not; it's too flat. It also makes the decision to go with rooted hair for Wonder Woman a bit dubious. Maybe we will see a molded hair WW down the line, but I doubt it since it would require additional tooling.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

Wow thanks for sharing the pic ,their nice ,i am sure the pictured Wonder dog will be included .Looks as if their using the "6' Wondergirl body
            for Wendy and the "8' korak body for Marvin .ill be getting a couple sets of these.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Love it! Superfriends forever! Thank you FTC, for making so many Mego wishes come true.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                Love it! Superfriends forever! Thank you FTC, for making so many Mego wishes come true.
                I second THAT emotion----just the best Mego-style "retro tribute" figures to be released since the resurgence----the EPITOME of nostalgia in his genre IMHO.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

FTC has really done a great job on the Superfriends. But I have to say it is odd they they left Wonder Dog out of the Wendy & Marvin set because I can't see him being sold as a singular piece. Surely they wouldn't stoop to making Wonder Dog a specialty, exclusive item. I hope not.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                    FTC has really done a great job on the Superfriends. But I have to say it is odd they they left Wonder Dog out of the Wendy & Marvin set because I can't see him being sold as a singular piece. Surely they wouldn't stoop to making Wonder Dog a specialty, exclusive item. I hope not.
                    I'm wondering about that, too.

It seems to me, as others have suggested, that Wonder Dog (and Dynomutt, too) could make use of tooling from Scooby-Doo. Perhaps it wasn't ready for this release, but them when. They did such a great job with Gleek, I hope characters like Wonder Dog, Dynomutt, and Bandit aren't abandoned.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I'd have hard time buying Jonny Quest if Bandit gets left out. They really need some villains, too.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

A Wonder Dog / General Wilcox 2 pack
                        Last edited by wise guy; May 29, '16, 9:29 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

No villains doesn't bother me too much, but I like complete groups, especially small groups like duos or trips. Mattel made a big mistake offering Gleek as a Con exclusive only. Thank goodness for the bootlegs that came out a year or so later.

I am sure FTC will get to Wonderdog, somehow. With Scooby coming out, Wonderdog and Dynomutt seem like givens, although Wonderdog's body type my be a little off.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Seems to me that it's coming, but they don't have the body done yet. As others have mentioned, lots of figures will use that body so it's just a matter of time. If they made Gleek, who has little to no reuse, they'll make the dogs.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

I hadnt noticed the nice fabric choices they used for these two. I like the additional texture instead of the flat fabric. Nice work.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                                Seems to me that it's coming, but they don't have the body done yet. As others have mentioned, lots of figures will use that body so it's just a matter of time. If they made Gleek, who has little to no reuse, they'll make the dogs.
                                Gleek can be recycled for Blip.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎